Safari extension disappeared on iPad; how to get it back?

Options
XIII
XIII
Community Member

The Safari extension was working fine on both my iPhone and iPad, but now it's gone on the iPad.

How can I get it back? It's not even in the list of activities which pops up if you press the three dots, as mentioned here:

https://guides.agilebits.com/1password-ios/5/en/topic/extension

(so nothing to enable, no UI switch)

Comments

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @XIII‌

I'm sorry to hear that you're having trouble with 1Password on your iPad right now. I'm curious: have you re-installed 1Password on your iPad? If you have, you will need to open the 1Password app at least once before you will see the extension as an option in the activities menu.

• XIII
    XIII
    Community Member
    edited September 2014
    Options

No, I did not when I posted this.

In an attempt to get the extension back I did perform a re-install some minutes ago and I certainly opened 1Password (to sync my data) before trying to open the extension.

The extension did still not appear. However, after force-quiting Safari and removing all website data the extension suddenly re-appeared.

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @XIII,

I'm glad to hear that the extension is back after re-starting Safari. Please do keep an eye on it - if you notice this behaviour again, we'll investigate further! (I'm hoping things play nicely for you from now on though.) :)

• llopis
    llopis
    Community Member
    Options

Meggan, I just had happen what XIII described. I had the Safari extension working for a few days, and then it disappeared. It wasn't until I searched and found this thread that I killed Safari and it came back again.

I'm using the latest 1Password version on iOS 8.0.2 with an iPhone 6.

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @llopis‌

Thanks so much for sharing your experience here! We know that there's an issue in the iOS itself that is not respecting the positioning of app extensions - I wonder if this might be related. Please do let me know if you see this again. :)

This discussion has been closed.