Italian localization: Master Password field has extra whitespace after incorrect entry

Options
valkiry
valkiry
Community Member
edited October 2014 in iOS

Hi all!
I have found a bug during Master Password input.

Steps to reproduce:

1. Open 1Password and input a wrong password
  2. The animation for wrong password starts
  3. Type, again, the password. Now the password is not showed correctly (only 6 characters are showed). I think that the text field with the password is moved (wrong) to the left.

It's possible to insert the correct password, but it's a but confusing for the user.
Tested on iPhone 5 and iPhone 6 (both with iOS 8.0.2 and 1Password 5.1).

Thanks in advance for your response!

Comments

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @valkiry,

Thanks for bringing this to our attention, and for providing those steps. I've just tested on my own device, and I'm seeing 10+ characters in the field (as I should), even after an incorrect attempt.

Could you please take a screenshot of what you're seeing? There are instructions on how to take a screenshot here: http://take-a-screenshot.org/. Simply click the document button in the top of the comment field, and select the file you wish to share:

• valkiry
    valkiry
    Community Member
    Options

Hi, thanks for the reply!

Better than a screenshot, I've made a short video of the problem :smile:
    Here is the link: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/977145/1Password-bug.mov

I hope that it can help!

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @valkiry,

That's awesome! Thanks so much for sharing. I wonder ... if the localization could be causing some trouble here. Bing translate says you're using an Italian localization - it is correct?

• valkiry
    valkiry
    Community Member
    Options

Yes, you're right! I use 1Password in Italian :)

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @valkiry,

Thanks so much for confirming that! I've filed a report in our internal tracker - we'll look into this and see if we can't improve 1Password's behaviour here.

ref: OPI-1872

This discussion has been closed.