Mac 10.9.5 - wifi sync grayed out on 1password v4

Options
debh
debh
Community Member

I just installed the app on my MacBook and the wifi sync is grayed out. I've tried creating an ad-hoc network, connecting to the same network - no luck. Any ideas?

Comments

• debh
    debh
    Community Member
    Options

I should also mention I tried rebooting both the ios8 and my macbook with no success. Thanks.

• thightower
    thightower
    Community Member
    edited October 2014
    Options

@debh‌

Could you tell us what you are trying to sync ? Mac to Mac is a feature request at the moment. If its iOS to Mac, can you provide the version numbers of both the iOS app and the Mac app.

Edit I see the new post said iOS 8.

What type of router are you using ? Maybe the next thing to ask.

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @debh,

This might be a completely silly question, but is 1Password locked when you're trying to access Wi-Fi sync? That's the only time I'm seeing a greyed out option in the menu. 1Password will need to be unlocked to perform a sync.

• debh
    debh
    Community Member
    Options

@thightower‌ My router is a Netgear.

@Megan‌ - yes it was locked. I just installed the 1password software on my MacBook and selected the option that I was not a new user. This is when I tried to use the wifi to sync. I finally gave up and used DropBox to sync and that worked fine. It must have been the new install that kept the wifi sync unavailable.

After using DropBox to sync, the wifi sync is now available!

Thanks for your help!

• On behalf of Megan, you're welcome. Please let us know if you have any other questions! :)

• thightower
    thightower
    Community Member
    Options

@Megan‌

This might be a completely silly question, but is 1Password locked when you're trying to access Wi-Fi sync?

Looks like not cause it got me as well. :P

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @thightower‌

I'm just glad it was something simple like that - I would have been baffled otherwise! ;)

• debh
    debh
    Community Member
    Options

One last thanks for the help! I was in the trial period and this post and the overall amazing discussion board help I see sold me and I'll be purchasing soon!

• sjk
    sjk
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Thanks so much for your kind words and support for 1Password, @debh. We're happy you're here and happy to help. :)

This discussion has been closed.