Safari extension not filling fields [Please open new threads for different URLs]

Options
ozarkcanoer
ozarkcanoer
Community Member
edited September 2014 in iOS

iOS 8 on iPad Air ... I have enabled the extension placed it where I want on the share pop up. Two issues, one is that if I open my bank's web page that has it's login fields and invoke 1P 5 with the extension it does show me the two login entries in my vault but does not fill the fields when I touch the one I want. No errors, just no filling.

Second issue is the every time I invoke the extension from Safari it wants my vault password. Is there no way to have it use the PIN instead if I am using it within a few seconds or minutes?

Comments

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @ozarkcanoer‌

Two issues, one is that if I open my bank's web page that has it's login fields and invoke 1P 5 with the extension it does show me the two login entries in my vault but does not fill the fields when I touch the one I want. No errors, just no filling.

Could you please provide the URL for your bank so that we can do some testing here? Does this same entry work on the desktop version of 1Password (if you are using 1Password on any desktops, of course.)

Second issue is the every time I invoke the extension from Safari it wants my vault password. Is there no way to have it use the PIN instead if I am using it within a few seconds or minutes?

You can customize the length of time 1Password will wait before prompting for your Master Password. To change this setting, go to Settings > Security and change the value for "Request after". Note that for security reasons, it is impossible to configure 1Password so that it never asks for the Master Password.

Also, please make sure that you have the option to Use iOS Keychain enabled under Settings > Advanced.

To learn more, you can see our guide here:

http://guides.agilebits.com/1password-ios-kb/4/en/topic/touch-id-faq

I hope this helps, but we're here if you have any further questions or concerns!

• ozarkcanoer
    ozarkcanoer
    Community Member
    Options

Megan, the url is https://www.regions.com and it works with 1Password 4 on Mac OS X 10.9.4 for me. I do have ios keychain ON.

I have a second login for that url for an old account and it does fill in the fields when I touch it. The login that is not working on iPad has username and password fields. ??? If I use 1Password 5's internal browser by clicking the url for the website it work on iOS 8. Just the Safari extension.

Thanks for the info

Larry

• jdmass
    jdmass
    Community Member
    Options

Same problem here. My bank is www.dcu.org

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi Larry ( @ozarkcanoer‌ ),

Thanks for passing that URL along! When I open the banking site in Safari, it gives me the option to use the mobile website. Are you selecting this option? When I did select the option to view the mobile site, and select the 'My Accounts' option, I could access my Login entry from 1Password and it filled correctly.

As to the question about the Safari extension continually asking for the Master Password, thanks for confirming that you do indeed have 'Use iOS keychain' enabled. We're seeing a few users reporting this, and our developers are already looking into the issue.

ref: CSI-17

Hi @jdmass,

Thanks for sending that URL in. I'm seeing the same behaviour as you, so I've passed the details along to our developers. Hopefully they'll be able to get this site behaving better for you soon!

ref: OPX-634

• ozarkcanoer
    ozarkcanoer
    Community Member
    edited September 2014
    Options

Megan,

No I am not using the mobile version of Region's website. Also, when I lengthened the time interval 1P started prompting for the PIN. Good to go. When I try the mobile version, 1P 5 works properly when I touch the login credentials.

I am also noticing that when I reposition the extension in Safari it does not stay where I placed it and I have to do over. Is that a 1P 5 bug or is it an iOS bug?

• hawkmoth
    hawkmoth
    Community Member
    edited September 2014
    Options

The extension won't fill on my bank site either. Pinnbank.com. The built in 1Browser does work fine.

• jdmass
    jdmass
    Community Member
    Options

Just an update, regarding dci.org: the problem only seems to happen with the mobile site. If I go to the full site, the login info is populated properly.

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @jdmass,

Thanks for the update! I'll pass those details along to our developers, and it's good to know that you can at least use the full site while we work on polishing up the mobile one. :)

Hi @hawkmoth,

I'll be sure to let our developers know about Pinnbank as well!

• GadgetComa
    GadgetComa
    Community Member
    Options

This is odd. I submitted a comment earlier but it's not showing up. Anyhow, I have the same problem with not filling fields on the Bank of America site. I also have the problem with being asked for my master password repeatedly. I have settings for not requiring the master password for 30 mins and require PIN after 2 minutes. I've noticed that the problem occurs if I haven't used the 1Password app in a while. If I recently logged into the the app, the extension seems to work fine.

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @GadgetComa‌,

I moved your original comment into a thread already discussing Bank of America. Please see @khad's instructions there on how to get things behaving!

A request for future posters:

Please take a peek in the forums to see if the site you are already having trouble with has been posted in a thread. If so, comment there so we can keep the discussion about each site in one place. If you don't see the site you are having trouble with in an existing discussion, then please feel free to create a new thread. :) (It's just easier for us to have each issue in a separate discussion than to sort through multiple issues in a single thread.)

Thanks so much for your help!

• GadgetComa
    GadgetComa
    Community Member
    edited September 2014
    Options

Sorry, Megan. I did search the forums for 'fields not being filled' which got me here. I'll check out the workaround for the BofA site. Any feedback on the problem of being asked for my master password almost all of the time?

Update: I did another search that excluded mention of fields not being filled and found this: https://discussions.agilebits.com/discussion/comment/142828/#Comment_142828. Looks like it's known, so I'll follow up there.

Thanks!

• ozarkcanoer
    ozarkcanoer
    Community Member
    Options

Megan, just an update. My iPad Air is now at 8.0.2 and I still have the problem with the Royal Banks of Missouri web login.

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @ozarkcanoer‌,

Thanks for following up here. I've alerted our developers to this issue - we'll do what we can to get 1Password filling better on this site. In the meantime, is it possible to use the mobile version of the site, which seems to be filling correctly?

• ozarkcanoer
    ozarkcanoer
    Community Member
    Options

Megan, Will try using the mobile version on my idevices but will more likely just access on my iMac.

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @ozarkcanoer‌

Again, my apologies for the inconvenience here! I hope that 1Password's filling will improve soon for you :)

• hawkmoth
    hawkmoth
    Community Member
    Options

@‌Megan -

I'll be sure to let our developers know about Pinnbank as well!

I've returned just to let you know that apparently this bank site doesn't like Mobile Safari. I can't log in there manually on my iPad via Safari, or via the 1Password extension. But I am successful when I use Chrome for iOS; if only it would talk to 1Password. And, I think I noted before that it works fine with 1Browser.

Oddly, it works on Safari under OS X.

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @hawkmoth,

Is there a separate mobile site for Pinnbank that might behave a bit better on mobile devices? I know that we'd love it if Google would add 1Password support to Chrome ... but we're not holding our breath. ;)

• hawkmoth
    hawkmoth
    Community Member
    edited October 2014
    Options

@Megan - Pinnbank has a native iOS application, which is handy for depositing checks, but isn't so good when it comes to bill paying. This only ever is an issue for us when it's bill paying time and we are traveling with no other device than an iPad and would like to use the web.

I mainly wanted to let you folks know that it isn't so much a problem of 1Password's extension failing to fill the username (which it still does not do), when the site is going to reject a Mobile Safari login anyway. I was just letting you know to put that site at the bottom of your list of URLs where the extension misbehaves.

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @hawkmoth,

Thanks so much for clarifying that. We're keen to improve the app extension's behaviour in all sites, so I'll pass this along. :)

This discussion has been closed.