Trying to configure for Sophos

Options
Bethan
Bethan
Community Member

I've followed the instructions to configure 1 Password for Sophos but can't complete them as the padlock won't unlock at the bottom of the screen. How do I fix that? Thanks

Comments

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni
    Options

If your account is an admin one, then I'm assuming clicking on the padlock should work without further interaction but if you are a standard user and not an administrator you should have a window pop up asking for admin details to unlock the preferences. If you're the only person (and so account) on this mac then you'll be an administrator.

Can you describe what happens (or doesn't) when you click on the padlock to try and unlock?

• Bethan
    Bethan
    Community Member
    Options

Hi, thanks so much for replying. Yes I am the account holder of the computer and have admin rights. I'm usually able to lock and unlock the padlock when in my mac preferences so don't know why it's not letting me within Sophos preferences. I have only recently downloaded this and when I first used it to scan all my files it came up with some agilebites files as 'threats'. I now know there is a conflict with 1 Password and Sophos so am following the instructions to configure Sophos accordingly and all goes well until I'm in preferences and the instructions are to unlock the padlock to add some figures but this I can't do as the padlock just won't unlock when I double click on it. Really hope you can help as I can't access any of my passwords - nightmare! Thanks in anticipation!

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Sadly I don't use Sophos myself and what you're experiencing is very strange indeed. Hopefully somebody else here might have a couple of ideas and if not, maybe working the two forums in parallel? Here's a link to their forums.

One thread to look at would be this one. Now it applies to the home edition of their anti-virus - I don't know if that's what you're running but it's about people having trouble authenticating themselves - sounds like Sophos is having some problems there. In particular read message 3 in that thread where killing a Sophos process seems to have at least allowed the unlock preferences to work.

• thightower
    thightower
    Community Member
    Options

Are you running one of the managed versions of Sophos. From what I remember. Some parts of it are locked and managed by admin only or thru the web interface for those managed clients. You may need to get the admin to process this if that is the case. It is a separate password not your admin password.

I installed it as a trial had it all of about 1 day and quickly killed the managed version and went back with the standard version. Currently waiting on things to catch up for Yosemite. :/

Did you by chance set up the managed version and forgotten about it ?

• webjr51
    webjr51
    Community Member
    Options

I have been on several sites today trying to find the proper way to install the 1 Password extension for Sophos. I followed the directions for "Configuring Sophos" and added 127.0.0.1 to WEB Protection, restarted my Chrome browser but the problem still exists with automatically loging into my saved sites. Can anyone point me in the right direction on this please?

• webjr51
    webjr51
    Community Member
    Options

I should have added the following to m previous post: Chrome Version 38.0.2125.101; 1 Password Version 4.4.3; Chrome Extension Version 4.2.4.90 is Enabled; MacBook Pro OSX 10.9.5

• Hi @webjr51,

Sorry to hear about the trouble. So we can investigate further, could you please email us a Diagnostics Report from your Mac, along with your forum username and a link to this discussion, to: support+forum@agilebits.com

A brief comment here mentioning that you've sent the report would also be helpful. Thanks in advance!

• webjr51
    webjr51
    Community Member
    Options

JasperP - I just sent the Diagnostics Report as requested. I neglected to state in my former post that 1Password is working correctly in Safari

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@webjr51‌ No doubt you'll be hearing from JasperP or some other fine person from AgileBits but I just wanted to say that if you successfully have the 1Password extension working in Safari then I'd suspect it's probably not Sophos that is your problem - I'd expect a firewall issue to affect all browsers, not just one. A couple of quick things you could try that hopefully won't interfere with any emailed correspondence would be:

1. Remove the extension from Chrome.
    2. Reboot the computer (not just the browser)
    3. Re-install the extension

Worst case scenario, there's no improvement but the situation isn't any the worse and your diagnostic report will still be read and acted upon :smile:

• webjr51
    webjr51
    Community Member
    Options

Thank you, littlebobytables, for this guidance. I did try this approach again but with the same resulting issue. I do appreciate your suggestion. :)

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    edited October 2014
    Options

Hi @webjr51,

Thanks for sending that Report in! I took a quick look in our system, but I was unable to find an email from the address you attached to your forum account. If you could send me a private message with the address that you used to send in the Report, I'd be happy to track it down and ensure that it gets answered quickly. :)

EDIT:

Diagnostics Report has been located, we'll follow up directly via email.

ref: LWV-26529-135

This discussion has been closed.