Two identical 1P extensions in Chrome

Options

I have two 1P extensions in my Mac Chrome browser (3.9.21.90, can't upgrade to 4); one says Not from Chrome Webstore (I use 1P on my Android phone and version 4 on my Windows 7 laptop if that's the connection); which one (on the Mac desktop) can I delete safely? (or disable, etc)

Comments

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @safercracker823456‌,

(I've moved your post into the 1Password 3 Legacy forums, just so we can keep things nice and organized.)

You certainly don't need two copies of the 1Password extension. :)

What we want to do first before removing either is making sure that we don't have any un-saved Logins in either copy of the extension. Here's what we'll do:

• Pick a website with a log in form
    • Add some random details
    • Click on one of the extensions and select the 'save new Login' option
    • Give the item a unique title (like test from icon on the left or something slightly more clever)
    • Save a Login manually using the other extension as well
    • Open the 1Password main app and confirm that both Logins are there
    • If they both are, you can remove the extensions and snag a fresh copy.

(If both test Logins do not show up ... please let me know - we'll need to work some extra magic to ensure that there is no data stored in the extensions that doesn't also exist in the main app.

To get a fresh copy of the Chrome extension:

• Open Chrome.
    • Type chrome://extensions in the address bar and hit return.
    • Click the trash can next to both the 1Password extensions and remove them.
    • Restart Chrome and visit the following page: https://agilebits.com/extensions/mac/index.html.
    • Click Download next to Chrome and confirm the installation.

This should get you all sorted out, but we're here if you have any further questions!

This discussion has been closed.