Login is OK via 1P4 for Mac, but fails on 1P4iOS

Options
Lamplighter
Lamplighter
Community Member

I'm using 1p4.4.3 for Mac and iOS, synching a secondary vault (Montana) via DropBox, to an iPad.

All but 2 of my Logins work fine on both platforms, but 2 Logins fail on the iPad. I have tried editing both Logins on the Mac, and see that they do synch to the iPad. I have manually edited these 2 Logins on the iPad, both in "portrait" and "landscape" orientations... But still no joy.

Also,I have noticed that both of these websites have separate signin buttons for "new" and "returning" customers, but while the web detail of the Logins do show the text of the "returning" buttons, there is no (visible) detail action to click the "returning" button.

Is there a way on the iPad to manually have the Login items automatically updated (e.g. Save New Login) as there is via the 1p4 for Mac ?

(I have contacted one website about the problem, but only get boiler plate suggestions back that do not help)

Comments

• Lamplighter
    Lamplighter
    Community Member
    Options

OK, I have talked with the website support team (Amazon) about this and it really seems to be an issue within 1P4.

I can access my website account via my Mac using 1P4.4.3 ... without intervening in the autofill log on process. But I have found a way to access the same website via iOS (v8.0.2) only by setting this particular 1P4 Login item to "Never submit". Then even thought the same error msg (e.g., "There is already an account using this email") appears, I must backtrack several web pages to the initial sign in screen, and manually click Amazon's "Sign in using our secure server" button. This DOES complete the login to the account ... but it is not at all a satisfactory experience, particularly since it will be my wife who uses the iPad most of the time.

I now believe there is something going on with 1P4's handling of the two "New User" vs "Returning Customer" buttons on these sign in pages.

P.S. I have used my Mac to "Save a new Login" sequence, and then trashed the old login items on both my Mac and the iPad. But still no joy on the iPad.

Any suggestions at all ????

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @Lamplighter‌

I sincerely apologize for the trouble you are having here.

Is there a way on the iPad to manually have the Login items automatically updated (e.g. Save New Login) as there is via the 1p4 for Mac ?

Unfortunately, we don't have this feature available on iOS yet. I think it would be really useful as well, and we do have an open feature request in our internal tracker just for this. I've added a vote for you!

ref: OPI-776

I'm glad to hear that you've tried saving a new Login manually on your Mac - that would have been our first step in troubleshooting here as well. Usually it helps. Since it hasn't in this case, let's see what else we can do. :)

Now, I have an Amazon Login and it seems to behave just fine on both Mac and iOS. Can you check your Login and see if Amazon's mobile URL is saved in your entry as well? If you add their mobile URL to your entry, you should be able to sign in correctly using this URL on your mobile devices.

• Lamplighter
    Lamplighter
    Community Member
    Options

Thx so much, Megan ... that was a great suggestion !

It did take a bit of futzzing about for me to get the appropriate screen displays on various platforms ( phone / iPad / Mac ) but it finally passes the TBUBW (ToBeUsedByWife) standard.

• Lamplighter
    Lamplighter
    Community Member
    Options

So, after Megan's suggestion did fix my aberrant Amazon login, I still have (only) 1 Login item that refuses to work without generating a website error on the iPad. But it works fine on the Mac platform. This login is for our health care provider, KaiserPermanente.org

I have tried various initial Sign On pages of the website, creating a new test Login item on the Mac via "Save New Login", and manually editing the UserID and Password the Login fields. I can sign on to the website MANUALLY using their Sign On pages, and my 1P4 Login(s) work fine on the Mac platform. But the same Login does NOT work when called on the iPad platform. I believe the (DropBox) synching is working properly, to the extent that Notes and Tags and completely new Login items are synched across from the Mac to the iPad.

This is quite frustrating ... again because it will be my wife that is using the iPad and she almost never uses the Mac.

The ONLY difference I can discern between the same Login item viewed in edit mode on the Mac or on the iPad, the former is set to "Never Submit" but on the latter (iPad) the final "web detail" is "Submit". There seems to be no way to manually edit this detail from the iPad.

Is there anything else I might try ???

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @Lamplighter‌

but it finally passes the TBUBW (ToBeUsedByWife) standard.

I know what you mean - I've had to help the husband with troubleshooting occasionally! ;)

The ONLY difference I can discern between the same Login item viewed in edit mode on the Mac or on the iPad, the former is set to "Never Submit" but on the latter (iPad) the final "web detail" is "Submit". There seems to be no way to manually edit this detail from the iPad.

You're right, it is not possible to edit this option on iOS at this time. This is something we're looking into changing as soon as possible, as some users will not have access to 1Password on a desktop to change this option.

ref: OPI-1771

That being said, I think I have a solution for you! Please add this URL to your Login entry as a second website:

m.kp.org/mt/healthy.kaiserpermanente.org/health/care/signon

This is the URL for their mobile site. Whether I visit the site in Safari or in 1Browser, 1Password will fill in my details nicely for me. (Of course, since I'm using test data, it errors out, but it does fill as expected). Please let me know if this helps!

• Lamplighter
    Lamplighter
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks so much for all of your help, Megan ...
    I have added that link to my Login, and it does still work on my MacMini.

But I cannot test it on the iPad now - - - due to the appearance for the first time of the issues with the iOS(8.0.2) keyboard that is being discussed in another thread:

[https://discussions.agilebits.com/discussion/29358/in-the-master-password-field-some-keys-on-the-keyboard-might-not-work-possible-ios-8-issue#latest]

Please see Comment (# 52) that I posted just this morning...

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @Lamplighter‌

Please try force-quitting 1Password on the device and trying again. :)

• Lamplighter
    Lamplighter
    Community Member
    Options

There you go yet again ! Thank you again.

One of the first things you learn when computers misbehave is to do exactly that.
    But I seem to have forgotten the basics !

• Lamplighter
    Lamplighter
    Community Member
    Options

With respect to my original issue with accessing this particular website via the iPad...

Comment #6 @ Megan:
    "That being said, I think I have a solution for you!
    Please add this URL to your Login entry as a second website:
    (snip)

This was exactly the right "trick" to satisfy this website on the iPad !

I found that the website is somewhat "delicate" in that when the User
    does not actually "sign off", their next attempt to sign may trigger an error.
    Maybe this is their built-in way to protect the medical information.
    Although it has little to with 1P4, it can be frustrating to an impatient User.

I think / hope that was the last of my problem-websites.
    So, with many thanks again, especially for your personal attention.

• Ben
    Options

This was exactly the right "trick" to satisfy this website on the iPad !

Perfect. :)

Although it has little to with 1P4, it can be frustrating to an impatient User.

Understandable. :(

I think / hope that was the last of my problem-websites. So, with many thanks again, especially for your personal attention.

Awesome! Thank you so much for the update. Glad to hear you are up and running.

This discussion has been closed.