1 Password 5 and plugins in Safari in Yosemite

Options
broit
broit
Community Member
edited October 2014 in Mac

I just upgraded to 5 and Yosemite and when I go into extensions it only shows the 1 PW 4 plugin. Any one else having an issue with this? I also have noticed an issue with my license of 1 PW that I bought from Agilebits directly and then again from Apple's App store so that I can use the iCloud sync feature but I can not get it to work and accept my 2nd purchase. I did not work with 4 and still with 5.

Comments

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @broit,

I'm so sorry to hear that you're having trouble with 1Password right now. Just to make things confusing, the browser extension is developed separately from the main app, so you may not see it switch over to version 5 any time soon. Version 4.2.4 is the latest version of the extension and it should work just fine with 1Password 5. Is it not behaving for you? If you give me a bit more detail about how it's misbehaving I'd be happy to help.

I also have noticed an issue with my license of 1 PW that I bought from Agilebits directly and then again from Apple's App store so that I can use the iCloud sync feature but I can not get it to work and accept my 2nd purchase.

I'm not quite sure what you mean by 'accept my second purchase'. The version from our website and the Mac App Store are actually separate apps. You can tell which one you're currently using by looking in the 1Password menu and selecting 'About'. If you would like to switch from the Agilebits webstore version to the Mac App Store version, please follow this guide:

Switching to the Mac App Store version

This guide was written for beta users in 1Password 4, but the important bits (about moving your data file) are still relevant for 1Password 5.

This should get you all sorted out, but if you have any questions, we're here to help!

This discussion has been closed.