1Password & DropBox sync problem [Resolved]

Options
sig2night
sig2night
Community Member
edited October 2014 in Mac

I can get my iPhone & iPad to sync with my iMac #1 using Dropbox after deleting & re-installing both apps on the iPhone & iPad. But my other iMac #2 will not sync correctly. Also the html file on Dropbox.com doesn't match my iMac #1. I exported "All Items" from iMac #1 just in case. Please help.

Thanks, Jerry

Comments

• Ben
    Options

Hi Jerry ( @sig2night‌ )

Sorry to hear about the difficulty getting your devices all in sync via Dropbox. Could you please confirm that all of the devices are logged into the same Dropbox account (e.x. other documents you add on one show on the other)?

Thanks.

• sig2night
    sig2night
    Community Member
    Options

All logged in to the same dropbox account. Have different totals of logins etc. on the Imac's & iPhone & iPad & the dropbox htm.

• Hi @sig2night,

Could you please try completely re-setting Dropbox sync:

• On your iOS devices, open 1Password for iOS, tap Settings > Sync > Sync Service, then Disable Sync.

• On your Macs, open 1Password 4 for Mac, and click the 1Password 4 menu, then Preferences. Click Sync, and then Change syncing.

• Check the box to remove the data from Dropbox and confirm that you want to disable sync.
    • Check your Dropbox folder and delete any other 1Password folders or files that the remove data checkbox did not take care of.

• Restart all your devices.

• On one of your Macs, go back to the Sync preferences, and click Dropbox. Click Choose vault, then navigate to your Dropbox folder and select Open. This will regenerate a 1Password folder in Dropbox, and that will contain a new 1Password.agilekeychain file.

• Allow Dropbox to fully sync.

• Go back to any other Macs and iOS devices and re-enable Dropbox sync.

Please let me know if that helps. :)

• sig2night
    sig2night
    Community Member
    Options

Did everything the way you instructed. After restarting everything, went to iMac #2, went to Sync preferences, chose Dropbox, choose the vault, navigated to the Dropbox folder & selected open. That produced a new 1Password.agilekeychain file. When I went to iMac #1 did a sync with Dropbox & only end up with 1 Login & 1 Secure Note. iMac #2 has 353 Logins, 51 Passwords, 74 Software lic., 2 Secure Notes, 1 Credit Card, 1 Identity & 101 Trash.

On the iPhone & iPad I get a "Vault Mismatch" alert. Did not merge on the iPhone. Did merge on iPad & have 400 Logins, 2 Secure Notes, 1 Credit Card, 1 Identity, 59 Passwords, & 78 Software Lic. Everything seems to be different on each device.

Thanks, Jerry

• sig2night
    sig2night
    Community Member
    Options

Update:

Tried uninstalling & re-installing 1Password on my iMac#1, syncing again & still don't have any passwords etc. If I go to Dropbox.com & look at the html file there, I see all of the Logins, Passwords Software, Notes etc.

• sjk
    sjk
    1Password Alumni
    edited October 2014
    Options

Hi @sig2night,

Thanks for giving that a try. I'm sorry your 1Password data is still out-of-sync now.

To get more specific details for untangling this I'd like you to create and email us Diagnostics Reports, one from each of your devices:

Mac: https://guides.agilebits.com/kb/1password4/en/topic/diagnostics-report#mac4

iOS: https://guides.agilebits.com/kb/1password4/en/topic/diagnostics-report#ios4

Please send the reports from your Macs to support+forum@agilebits.com and include a link to this topic and your forum username in at least one of them.

A quick comment here mentioning that you've sent these reports also would be helpful. After receiving and reviewing them we'll be able to suggest how you can get all your data syncing where it belongs. Thanks!

• sig2night
    sig2night
    Community Member
    Options

The fix I finally found was to follow this tip: https://learn2.agilebits.com/1Password4/Mac/en/KB/start-over.html

Thank you for your help.

Jerry

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    edited October 2014
    Options

Hi Jerry ( @sig2night‌ ),

I'm so glad to hear that you were able to get things fixed up by starting fresh. Our latest instructions for doing that can be found here:

Starting Over

Since this issue is nicely sorted out now, I'll close this thread, but if you have any further questions or concerns, please don't hesitate to open a new thread, or email us directly at support@agilebits.com - we're here for you. :)

This discussion has been closed.