Mac not syncing but iOS devices ok[If you're using iCloud sync in 1P5 for iOS, Yosemite is required]

Options
AlfredoD
AlfredoD
Community Member
edited October 2014 in Mac

Hello -

I noticed I was having sync issues and went through your steps indicated in previous discussions (deleted data from iOS devices, de-synced Mac, restarted everything, re-synced Mac, then iOS devices). Then I did this all over again.

I have:

MacBook Pro 15 with 10.9.5, Two iPhones 4S with iOS 8 and iPad 2 with iOS 8

After following the suggested steps I tried the sync by adding test items to each device (test ipad, test phone 1, test mac...). The test items synced perfectly among all three iOS devices but unfortunately my Mac seems to be the culprit. Nothing I add on the Mac shows in the iOS devices and vice versa.

Any ideas?

Thank you in advance for your help.

Alfredo

Comments

• AlfredoD
    AlfredoD
    Community Member
    Options

uhmmm... I just now saw the post related to waiting for Yosemite to come out. I guess you can ignore this post! (it is my first time in the discussion boards... which says something about how great 1Password is!)

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @AlfredoD,

I'm so glad to hear that you found the answers you're looking for! I'm sorry that we didn't get here in time to be of any use, but if you hit any further snags, you do know where to find us. :)

And welcome to the discussion boards - we're happy that you've joined the conversation!

• watash
    watash
    Community Member
    Options

I have the same situation as Alfredo but have not seen any post about Yosemite...care to provide information about why my MBP will not sync as my ios devices do?

• MikeT
    edited October 2014
    Options

Hi @watash,

It's explained in this pinned thread in this forum, Attention all iCloud users! (Important changes in 1Password 5, OS X 10.10 and iOS 8).

The new CloudKit-based iCloud sync in 1Password 5 for iOS requires Yosemite and iOS 8 to work with each other.

• watash
    watash
    Community Member
    Options

OK, Thanks for the quick response.

• You're welcome, if you have any questions, please let us know as we're happy to help in any way we can.

• AlfredoD
    AlfredoD
    Community Member
    Options

Hi Guys,

I just updated to Yosemite... and my Mac is not syncing with iOS devices. Any tips or tricks? Thank you!

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @AlfredoD‌

Are you using the webstore version of 1Password?

• AlfredoD
    AlfredoD
    Community Member
    Options

LOL - once again please ignore my post. Once upgrading on all devices the trick is to re-enable sync with Mac... and voila... thanks for a great product. Cheers.

• AlfredoD
    AlfredoD
    Community Member
    Options

I'm using the app store version btw

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @AlfredoD,

I'm so glad to hear that you're all synced up! Thanks for letting us know. :)

This discussion has been closed.