1P Mini defaults to Favorites

Options
ChrisE
ChrisE
Community Member

I'm running OS X 10.10 Yosemite and 1Password 5

If I open 1P mini and it can't find a saved login for the page I'm on, the cursor defaults to Favorites. I'm pretty sure in Mavericks it would default to the Search field.

Has this changed? It's much more useful to have the cursor ready for text input in the search field. If it can't find a login, I'd have thought it's unlikely a user is going to pick one from Favorites.

Follow up question - I've read about a change of appearance for Mini when running Dark Mode in 10.10. Mine still seems the same:

Do I need to somehow update Mini or is this all normal now?

Comments

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @ChrisE,

It's a bit confusing, but even though 'Favourites' is highlighted, you can start typing your search term, the same way you did in 1Password 4. The lack of cursor baffled me a bit too - but I just tested here, and it works just fine!

If you're seeing something different though, please let me know and we'll figure things out. :)

• ChrisE
    ChrisE
    Community Member
    Options

Got it, thanks! A little counterintuitive but fine once you know that's how it works.

• MikeT
    edited October 2014
    Options

Hi @ChrisE,

On behalf of Megan, you're welcome.

We'll see if we can add the blinking cursor in the search field on Yosemite, we may have removed it because it was causing an issue somewhere else.

This discussion has been closed.