Getting ready for Yosemite

Options
ronen
ronen
Community Member
edited October 2014 in Mac

The setup process begins by asking me to sign in with my Apple ID.

This will allow me to setup iCloud ect'....

My Apple ID's password is very long and I can't fill it as 1 Password is not running at this point.

So how can I proceed with the Yosemite installation ?

Thanks

Comments

• scooter133
    scooter133
    Community Member
    Options

do you have the iOS version? Can you copy it from there and then paste it in? or at the least retype it?

• danco
    danco
    Volunteer Moderator
    Options

Towards the bottom, there is a "set up later" item. Click that and continue with installation. Once set up and 1PW is running you can go and set up iCloud using System Preferences.

Though I would not move to Yosemite (except on an experimental drive) with a .0 version and until I had checked which of my applications were compatible.

• ronen
    ronen
    Community Member
    Options

scooter133:
    Thanks.
    I have iOS version, but I can't communicate with OS x that is in installing process.

• ronen
    ronen
    Community Member
    Options

danco.
    Thank you.
    I'll accept your advice.

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @ronen,

I hope that these users' suggestions have helped you out. Apple seems to be keen on requesting iCloud passwords on a fairly frequent basis, so to make my life a little bit less crazy, I've created a Diceware password for both my iCloud AppleID and my iTunes AppleID. This makes it easy to remember (and type). You can read all about Diceware in our blog post: Towards Better Master Passwords.

This might make the next OS update a bit easier. ;)

• ronen
    ronen
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks .
    You can close this thread .

• Great! On behalf of Megan, you're welcome!

This discussion has been closed.