Yosemite is here

Options
[Deleted User]
[Deleted User]
Community Member

OK, I have the website version up and running with the beta extension. Is it time to trade in the web version for the MAS version and to get a non beta of the extension?

Comments

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @Steve_H,

I hope you're enjoying Yosemite so far! I'm still waiting impatiently for my download to finish (it might be going a bit more quickly if I wasn't also streaming Netflix, but hey! Priorities.)

Now, just because Yosemite is here, doesn't mean that the 1Password beta program is over. We've got lots more cool stuff we want to do with 1Password, and our developers are constantly putting out new betas that could benefit from feedback from keen-eyed users such as yourself!

However, it's entirely up to you if you continue to use the beta version or the Mac App Store version. Where did you originally purchase 1Password - direct from our website or from the Mac App Store?

• NeoMoore
    NeoMoore
    Community Member
    Options

Like the OP, I also wonder how to get the Mac App Store version of 1Password on Yosemite. I originally bought 1Password from the AgileBits website.

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User]
    Community Member
    Options

Megan, I appreciate the kind words, but after four months of beta testing Yosemite, 1Password, Knox, Flash, Java I need a break. Perhaps I will rejoin the beta group in the beginning of the year. :) . I followed the older rules that were in place for Mavericks and they worked fine. To answer your question, my original version of 1Password3 was direct from you. After I upgraded to 4 from you I changed over to the MAS for ease of keeping the software up to date. So all is good, and yes Yosemite rocks. Just wish I had a newer computer to take advantage of some of the really cool stuff. BTW, do you have any idea when Knox will go final?

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    edited October 2014
    Options

Hi @NeoMoore,

1Password 5 is a free upgrade for 1Password 4 users, but unfortunately that free upgrade only works on the version that you originally purchased. Is there a reason that you're looking to switch to the Mac App Store?

Hi @Steve_H,

I can certainly understand how beta testing can be a bit wearying. (I'll admit, I don't have the proper time and effort to put into proper testing and bug reporting, so I'm a release-version kind of girl!)

You're right, the older rules for switching from the beta version to the Mac App Store version should work just fine. I'm glad you were able to get switched over!

Just wish I had a newer computer to take advantage of some of the really cool stuff.

I may have watched the Apple event with just a little bit of an itchy purchase finger ... I'd love to get my hands on a shiny new 27" Retina iMac ...

BTW, do you have any idea when Knox will go final?

As you might imagine, our devs have been a bit busy with 1Password lately ... between the iOS and Mac launches, they've been a bit distracted. I don't have any useful updates on Knox, but I'll be sure to let them know that you're keen to see an update here as well!

• sjk
    sjk
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi there,

As @Megan mentioned:

…, the older rules for switching from the beta version to the Mac App Store version should work just fine.

That's still good for 1Password 4. We have a new guide for switching from the Agile Web Store (including beta) to Mac App Store version of 1Password 5:

Migrating to the Mac App Store version

I hope that's helpful. :)

• Lamplighter
    Lamplighter
    Community Member
    Options

An observation from a newbie to 1Password...

Having started with 1P4, when multiple (secondary) vaults seems to have been a big deal for this software, it appears to me that there is going to be a lot of stress on the developers attempting to maintain identical (?) functionality between the AB website- and the MacAppStore- versions and platforms of 1Password software. Opportunities for "tangles" among all these strings will be huge - plus adding on the various modes to synchronize across platforms and devises.

I am impressed that the level of staff support here in these Discussions has been superb... much better than most other technical support sites. I hope the staff will be able to keep up with this higher level of complexity.

• sjk
    sjk
    1Password Alumni
    Options

We appreciate your observation and kind words here, @Lamplighter. Thanks for sharing them … and feel free to remove your newbie badge at any time. :)

This discussion has been closed.