UI issue in sidebar in 1Password 5 after exiting full screen [Confirmed, will fix it]

Options
Megan
Megan
1Password Alumni
edited October 2014 in Mac
This discussion was created from comments split from: Yosemite is here.

Comments

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User]
    Community Member
    Options

Is this version stable or have there been any recorded issues? I’ve updated to Yosemite and 1Password 5 and the UI is very glitchy. I’ve had to restart it two times already to reset it. Switching from and to fullscreen mode seems to result in glitch too.

I’m also not very impressed with the new design. I think you should have kept the toolbar for a bit more structure and colour. It looks rather ‘busy’ now. The old one was definitely easier on the eyes.

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @Eitot,

Thanks so much for the feedback here. I'm sorry that you don't love the new UI - I gotta say, I think the new clean design is pretty slick! The screenshot you're showing though is definitely not the way it should look. Could you please tell me a bit more about the steps that you're taking to get this bug? I was unable to reproduce it here by toggling fullscreen mode.

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User]
    Community Member
    Options

Thank you for your response. I cannot really explain or reproduce it, it just seems to happen occasionally. When I switch to another app and return to 1Password, it is sometimes messed up like that. I also notice that when I return from the Fullscreen Mode it ‘glitches’ for a split-second, like it needs to readjust the layout. But when it does, it seems to keep the layout of the window before that readjustment, resulting in this:

I don’t know what to do about it, but it’s becoming very annoying. Restarting the app seems to resolve it for a while.

• MikeT
    edited October 2014
    Options

Hi @Eitot,

We've found an issue with the full screen, it breaks the sidebar drawing after you exit the full screen. We will fix this in a future update soon, thanks for reporting this.

In the meantime, you can fix this by resizing the sidebar or the window, so you don't have to restart the app at all.

Bug ID: OPM-2332

This discussion has been closed.