iCloud sync with 1Password 5 - where is it ? [only available in Mac App Store version]

Options
cammot
cammot
Community Member
edited October 2014 in Mac

I upgraded to the Full Yosemite Version from the Beta version. I have two versions of 1Password on my iMac, i.e. 1Password (ver 5.0) and 1Password5 (version 5.0.1). I am of the assumption that 1Password5 is the latest version that I should be utilizing. However, as mentioned in several places this version 1Password5 (from the web app) does not have the iCloud feature !!. I have updated both my iPhone and iPad to the latest 1Password app, and they both cloud sync fine with 1Password (version 5.0), but not with with the 1Password5. I do not want to use dropbox, and find it frustrating that the iCloud is missing from the 5. Could someone, please explain how I could get 1Password5 to work with the cloud ?. Do I have to repurchase this to get the cloud version working with 1Password5, or is this feature not available on the 5.
Thanks

Comments

• Hi @cammot,

I'm sorry for any confusion. The short version is that the web store version of 1Password 5 for Mac can no longer use iCloud sync. Please be sure to read the complete details here, though:

Web Store and iCloud FAQ

There you will find not only an explanation of what has changed but also some different options for resolution.

If we can be of further assistance, please let us know. We are always here to help!

• cammot
    cammot
    Community Member
    Options

Someone please clarify if - 1Password (ver 5.0) downloaded from the Mac App Store that works with cloud sync, is the same version as 1Password5 (ver 5.0.1) from the web store, that does not work with cloud sync. Please note the subtle difference in both these version titles, one has a '5' in paranthese, while the other has a 5, explicitly in the title itself. It is not clear to me, if these two titles are same latest upgrades of 1Password 4.

The above stated - my 1Password (ver 5.0) updated thru the Mac App Store works very well with the cloud sync, but I do not know if this is the latest upgrade referred to as 1Password 5.

Kindly clarify this.

Thanks

• thightower
    thightower
    Community Member
    edited October 2014
    Options

@‌cammot

1Password in the Mac App Store is named "1Password" to facilitate free upgrades (in the past), ease of migration, ease of upgrade for users, etc. Since only one version is sold via the Mac App Store the developers choose to keep it simple and keep just "1Password"

The website version "1Password 5" is named so to distinguish it between other downloads available on the site.

The Mac App Store version ( 1Password ) includes iCloud sync, and the web version ( 1Password 5 ) doesn't have iCloud syncing.

They are functionally the same app with a naming difference and one syncing method difference. additionally Yes you have the latest update available thru the Mac App Store.

edit : A little more information is in the ICloud and the web store faqs

• Hi @cammot,

Yes, thightower is correct, we label it as 1Password at the Mac App Store without the version to keep it simple for our customers and to offer upgrades as well. The Mac App Store will show you the version number in the Information sidebar like this:

Both 1Password apps are identical to each other and they will have different version numbers to help us quickly determine where the app was bought. In this case, 5.0 from Mac App Store and 5.0.1 from our website.

You can also confirm the specific version of 1Password by opening 1Password and going to the 1Password Menu > About 1Password.

• cammot
    cammot
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks for this clarification, as it was not stated before to my knowledge. I has cleared the confusion. Thanks.

• You're welcome!

This discussion has been closed.