Chrome 38.0.2125.104+1P 4.4.3 on Mac OS 10.8.5 won't autofill

Options
Michael Vilain
Michael Vilain
Community Member

I'm used to saving Login URL of sites from the right-most pane in the main 1P application in my bookmark utility. When I click on that bookmark, it opens (if it's been unlocked), goes to the page and fills in the username/password combo saved in the URL, then clicks the submit/login/whatever object.

This feature broke with the most current version of Chrome. In fact, I can't go to a login page independently and click on the mini-1P Chrome plugin to have it fill out the login for for me. This is one of 1Password's key features, IMO. How to get it back in Chrome?

And btw, a bunch of stuff doesn't work with Chrome now, so I've fairly certain this is Google's change that caught you unawares.

Surprise!

Comments

• Michael Vilain
    Michael Vilain
    Community Member
    Options

Sites where this used to work but don't any more are facebook, google, and AT&T/Yahoo. Others still work like spamcop.net.

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @Michael Vilain

Thanks so much for bringing this to our attention - I'm sorry to hear that Chrome is misbehaving for you. We have been tracking an issue where Chrome and 1Password don't seem to play nice in the first Chrome tab. Opening a second tab usually behaves as expected. You don't mention how many tabs are open when you see this behaviour - might this issue explain your troubles as well? We do suspect that this one is related to a change in Chrome, but if you're seeing something different, please let us know and we'll investigate further. :)

ref: CSI-22

• Michael Vilain
    Michael Vilain
    Community Member
    Options

Which tab I attempt to sign in using 1Password doesn't seem any different. It just plain doesn't work. So I tried Firefox 33.0 (totally broken on all automated input), and Safari (works but the lollipop of death appears trying to scroll through Facebook). It's as though with Yosemite coming out, all the browsers have decided to take the rest of the month off.

• Michael Vilain
    Michael Vilain
    Community Member
    Options

More on this. I downgraded to Chrome 37 and autofill works just fine. Google messed with autofill on 38.0.2125.104 and it doesn't work with 1Password. If you need a Clue by Four to beat someone up about the head and shoulders or my mother's black whip, just let me know.

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @Michael Vilain

Thanks for following up here. I've added these details to our internal tracker.

As far as Firefox goes, version 33 and the extension do not play nicely together at all - you're right. Our filling gurus have already managed to solve this bug, you'll see an update soon that resolves things. In the meantime, you can downgrade to the Firefox ESR which behave a lot more nicely.

This discussion has been closed.