1Password 5 Upgrade And Multiple Vaults? [Resolved: steps in post #4]

Options
HeartMan
HeartMan
Community Member
edited October 2014 in Mac

I was prompted to update 1P4 to 1P5 after installing Yosemite a couple of days ago but looking at the "Registration" today it says it is in "Trial Mode" for 29 more days!?!?! What's up with that?
On top of that, I have two vaults but they don't appear within the OSX version but I see both vaults just fine in 1P for Windows.

Comments

• thightower
    thightower
    Community Member
    edited October 2014
    Options

@HeartMan‌

The team said that the 1Password 4 license will work in 1Password 5 just fine, I have not seen a statement as to why the license would not move over. But all you should need to do is reenter it.

As to the vaults sounds as if 1Password OS X has lost track of them.

To clarify are none of your vaults showing up under 1Password 5 Mac ? Much like a new install ? If so I am thinking you may have previously been using the web site version and now your on the Mac App Store version or reverse ?

• HeartMan
    HeartMan
    Community Member
    Options

Clarification: got the license bit figured out. I had purchased a v5 license a when it came out and got it to work so all is well on that front.
    As for the vaults: I can see my primary vault in the OSX version, but not the secondary vault. The only vault options I have in the file menu are "new" and "new demo". The vault icon that used to appear at the top-left of the app window is nowhere to be found. I think I can probably do the export from Win/import to OSX dance to get the data into the OSX version but will that allow me to modify/sync both vaults on OSX/Win8.1/iOS8?

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@HeartMan‌ I'm surprised at what you're seeing, when you upgraded your copy of 1Password everything should have stayed the same - you shouldn't have missing vaults. Can you just confirm that you haven't moved from a MAS copy of 1Password to a copy purchased directly from AgileBits (or vice versa). It's the one reason that stands out to me for having missing vaults.

Now as far as secondary vaults in general, I'm not sure about Windows but on OS X you have to set up synchronisation for each vault separately, it isn't automatic. Assuming you are syncing each one to Dropbox then all you have to do to add each one to your OS X copy of 1Password is locate the file in your Dropbox and double click on it, 1Password will ask for that vault's password and then add it as a secondary vault. Use of Dropbox will ensure they stay in sync which is probably desirable.

• HeartMan
    HeartMan
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks for reply - as far as I recall, I've always gotten 1P directly from Agilebits as I started using it pre-MAS. I've "imported" the secondary vault per your instructions and all seems to be working well now - the vault-switching icon is back and it seems to by syncing normally. Thanks for your help! I can't live without 1P!!!!

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @HeartMan, I'm happy to hear things are working again! It's strange that your secondary vaults would have been missing from 1Password 5 after the update, I honestly have no idea why something like that would happen (my vaults all appeared with no problem as soon as I updated to v5). Fortunately it sounds like the fix was simple. (FYI, if for some reason you didn't have copies of the secondary vaults in Dropbox, you could have restored from a backup in 1Password.)

This discussion has been closed.