Attachments are not being deleted

Options
David_C
David_C
Community Member

I deleted an attachment and it remains on the iOS device. I tried deleting and adding again and ended up with 3 versions of the PDF file on iOS devices and 1 file in Yosemite. I am using MAS 1P 5.0. iCloud syncing, official release of Yosemite. I reported this a year ago and was told it would be fixed "as soon as possible". Not a deal-breaker, but curious why it hasn't been fixed.

Comments

• hawkmoth
    hawkmoth
    Community Member
    Options

Good question, but the usual recommended work around while we wait and wait is to create a new record doe the data, attach the file you really want, and delete the original. Certainly nor elegant, but if you don't have lots of turnover in your attachments, it's tolerable. At least for me it is.

• @David_C Sorry for the trouble you're running into with attachments. We have completely rewritten our iCloud sync mechanism since last year, and attachment support has gotten a lot better, but we still have some work to do. I will be sure this case is properly filed into our bug tracker. In the mean time, @hawkmoth‌ has the correct current workaround. Let me know how that works out and if there's anything else I can do to help.

This discussion has been closed.