iCloud sync error in 1Password 5.0 for Mac on iOS 10.10

Options
Tom Raftery
Tom Raftery
Community Member

Hi folks,

I'm getting an error message "Icloud is not available. Please enable icloud to continue" when I try to enable iCloud sync on my laptop.

I have it enabled and working on my desktop and phone, but when I try on the laptop it fails every time. And sometimes 1Password just quits and I get the "1Password quit unexpectedly" message.

Anyone else seeing anything similar, or have advice on how to fix this? Given it''s my laptop, it'd be really good to get this fixed asap!

Comments

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @Tom Raftery‌ I'm only running the MAS version of 1Password so I don't know exactly what you'd see if you're running the web store version if you purchased directly from AgileBits. As of Yosemite Apple are now enforcing the policy that iCloud access is for MAS applications only so the web store version can no longer use the required APIs (CloudKit in this instance). So if you're running the web store version then iCloud won't be an option.

If you are running the MAS version then you're right, iCloud should be working. For iCloud syncing on Yosemite you will have need to convert to iCloud Drive and iCloud Drive has to be enabled. In there you can select and deselect who has access so you'd want to make sure 1Password Mini does indeed have access. This is all in the iCloud preference pane in System Preferences.

After I created a test user account on my mac and was busy mucking about with 1Password it did quit a few times but I think that might be because I didn't do a reboot between creating the account and logging in, having fast switched from my main account where 1Password was already active. On my main user account 1Password is pretty stable. It might not help but try a full reboot of your machine and see if 1Password is still twitchy.

• eva_s
    eva_s
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi Tom! Were you able to resolve your iCloud syncing issues following @‌littlebobbytables's suggestions?

-Eva

This discussion has been closed.