Issue Syncing with Dropbox (just purchased).

Options
Max Zsomething
Max Zsomething
Community Member

Hi. I have setup Dropbox on my PC and moved the vault file via 1password preference->general tab->move to dropbox.

Everything worked fine.

I then installed and logged in. I then installed 1Password for Android. Chose to sync via Dropbox.

It started searching for the vault file in my drop box and found it successfully and set everything up.

However once i started 1Password it prompted for password, I logged in and it took me to a empty list of categories.
and I instantly got the following notification:

Dropbox Sync is configured only for Wi-Fi.
Please enable "Sync using cellular data" in application settings.

I tapped refresh and the same message keeps appearing.

I then went to Dropbox -> Settings and selected "How to upload" where i could choose "Wi-fi only" or "Wi-Fi or Dataplan" (I'm assuming that is what they wanted me to change because I dont see any other options for syncing in dropbox or my device.)
I use Nexus 5 by the way.

After making those changes, nothing happened and i still keep getting the above notice. Still cannot see my passwords.

:(

Comments

• Max Zsomething
    Max Zsomething
    Community Member
    Options

Update:
    I have turned on Wi-Fi (not sure if that had any effect on the issue)
    I have then removed and reinstalled 1password on android.
    Did the syncing again and it worked.

Thanks.

• saad
    Options

Hey Max. Thank you for the update. I'm very happy to hear you managed to resolve the issue by reinstalling 1Password. I hope sync works properly from now on, but if you do have any trouble, please let us know and we will look into it immediately.

This discussion has been closed.