iCloud Sync refuses to work on iPhone 6 Plus

Options
twynne
twynne
Community Member

Decided to move over to iCloud sync today. Worked fine on the Mac, then fine on the iPad, but the iPhone refuses to move over to iCloud. I was previously using Dropbox, and the app prompted me to disable sync, but then tapping iCloud does absolutely nothing. Force closed the app, nothing. Reset all settings and data, still nothing.

So just how do I go about enabling iCloud sync on my iPhone guys?

Comments

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User]
    Community Member
    edited October 2014
    Options

Turn on iCloud drive in iPhone settings. If iCloud Drive does not turn on restart your iPhone and try again. After iCloud turns on look in same place a little below and turn on 1Password so it uses the iCloud Drive.
    After that go to 1Password, settings, sync, sync services, click iCloud then go backwards until you see done and select that. Do this on each Apple device. That uses IOS.

• heikomania
    heikomania
    Community Member
    Options

Same problem for me (except that it's an iPhone 6). The answer from kunder doesn't work. Sync works perfectly on Mac and iPad.

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User]
    Community Member
    Options

Try this guides.agilebits.com/1password-ios/5/en/topic/sync-with-icloud

• heikomania
    heikomania
    Community Member
    Options

When I select “Sync with iCloud” in 1Password the button doesn't do anything - that's the problem.

• dmbourdon
    dmbourdon
    Community Member
    Options

Same problem here. I've had an iPhone 6 with 1Password v5.1and iOS 8.02 for weeks...didn't upgrade to iCloud drive. I used DropBox to sync my vault file between iOS and OS X with no problems. Yesterday I upgraded to the latest Mac OS (Yosemite) and updated 1Password for Mac OS X. Since I'm now on Yosemite and iOS 8.02, I decided to activate my iCloud Drive and switch vault sync from DropBox sync to iCloud Drive. The sync doesn't work now.

• twynne
    twynne
    Community Member
    Options

For what it's worth, I managed to get there in the end by some combination of fiddling iCloud Drive on and off, restarting, repeat, forcing 1P to close on the iPhone, then trying again. Shouldn't be this difficult really!

• Merijn Godefrooij
    Merijn Godefrooij
    Community Member
    Options

Same problem here. Using iPhone 6 and upgraded my mac to Mavericks yesterday. 1Password on my iPhone was already updated to version 5 last week. Before yesterday synching om my iPhone worked fine. After upgrading my mac to Mavericks and activating iCloud drive my iphone won't sync anymore. Nothing is happening when I press the "sync with iCloud" button, it seems unresponsive. 1Password on my mac is synching fine with iCloud. I already tried all the above-mentioned options. I even deleted 1Password from my iCloud data and later re-synched. Also force-quitted, deleted and re-installed 1Password on my iPhone, turned iCloud drive on and off, but nothing works. Please help.

• Merijn Godefrooij
    Merijn Godefrooij
    Community Member
    Options

Ok, working now after rebooting my iPhone... Thanks Twynne!

• heikomania
    heikomania
    Community Member
    Options

Can confirm that it worked after I rebooted my device...

• Sorry for the trouble here, folks. We have a fix coming for this problem in 1Password 5.1.1 for iOS, due to be submitted for approval this week.

This discussion has been closed.