Yosemite Icon

Options
MikeV99
MikeV99
Community Member

The 1 Password icon has changed with Yosemite. Anyway to change it back or select another?

Comments

• Rad
    Rad
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @MikeV99‌,

Like most Mac apps 1Password has a single icon and there is no way (setting) to change it or to revert it to the old (1Password 4) icon.

Cheers!

Rad

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User]
    Community Member
    edited October 2014
    Options

You could extract the icon from an older copy of 1Password (Time Machine?). You can find the icon when you right-click on the application and select ‘Show Package Contents’. The icon should be somewhere in the Contents/Resources folder.

Then you go the current application, right-click and select ‘Get Info’ en then drag and drop that icon on to the small icon in the top-left corner of the Info window to replace it. You might have to logout to reload the Dock. However, you have to do this whenever 1Password is updated again, as the icon will be replaced.

Edit: you can find older copies of the application here: https://agilebits.com/downloads. Just download the version you want the icon of and follow the instructions above. :-)

• MikeV99
    MikeV99
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks. Of course I'd still have the same issue on the iPad & iPhone. The keyhole icon ... Yuck!

• Rad
    Rad
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @MikeV99‌,

Thank you for replying so quickly :+1:

I am really sorry that you don;t like our new Extension icon. But I can only hope that it will grow on you with time :smile:

Best,

Rad

This discussion has been closed.