Can't find .agilekeychain or .opvault file

Options
Dorothy Simpson Krause
Dorothy Simpson Krause
Community Member

I'm trying to set up my 1Password on a new computer since my old one died. I have backup but when I open the backup, 1Password, it can't find my files to put into iCloud or DropBox. I've downloaded the app onto my new computer but can't find the .agilekeychain or .opvault file from it either. I think they should be in Users/dotkrause/library but /library doesn't show up when I search through 1Passport. Help!

Comments

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Did you have 1Password syncing to either iCloud or Dropbox before? If you did the files should still be there and all you need to do is point 1Password to the relevant cloud service.

If you're looking for the local copy of your vault which existed on your old drive then you're actually looking for an OnePassword.sqlite file

Locations for the local files are as follows:

AgileBits store version:
    ~/Library/Application Support/1Password 4

Mac App Store version:
    ~/Library/Containers/2BUA8C4S2C.com.agilebits.onepassword-osx-helper

Hopefully you can point 1Password to that and it will do it's thing.

• Jasper
    edited July 2014
    Options

Hi Dorothy,

So we can better assist you, could you please email us a Diagnostics Report from your Mac, along with your forum username and a link to this discussion, to: support+forum@agilebits.com

A brief comment here mentioning that you've sent the report would also be helpful. Thanks in advance!

• Rouven
    Rouven
    Community Member
    Options

Hi!

I have a similar problem: I just did a clean install of Yosemite, installed 1Password (5) through AppStore. When launching 1Password and clicking on "I already have an account" - 1Password can't find my data neither in iCloud nor in Dropbox. I also can't find any data in my Time Machine backups.

Any idea what I missed or what I could do?

Best,

Rouven

• chaunce316
    chaunce316
    Community Member
    Options

Hello,

Ditto for me. Clean Yosemite install, 1Password5 through AppStore (previously had 1Password 4) Can not find back-up data as per the other help articles (library/container or Appsupport/1Password). Thoughts?

Thanks!

John

• Ben
    Options

Hi folks,

If you are having this issue please follow @jasperp's instructions in post #3.

Thanks!

• Rouven
    Rouven
    Community Member
    Options

@bwoodruff‌ @jasperp : the report generators are not available through the website - are there alternative download locations? And do the report generators of v3 and v4 also work for v5?

Thanks for your help!

Best,

Rouven

This discussion has been closed.