Syncing does not work on 1Password 5 on Yosemite

Options
Ken Ng
Ken Ng
Community Member

I'm trying to sync to iCloud but it does not seem to work. I even deleted any existing vaults too and it still just keep showing that it's syncing but I'm pretty sure it's not doing anything.

Comments

• scooter133
    scooter133
    Community Member
    Options

Mine took some time to do the Initial Sync. though it eventually did the sync. I have been able to Sync Items Created on iPad/iMac and can see all items on on iPhone. Had to be sure that iCloud Drive was enabled and that took a bit for it to setup its stuff, then Syncing worked. I was previously Syncing to DropBox and then did the Switch to iCloud.

• Ken Ng
    Ken Ng
    Community Member
    Options

Hmm. Perhaps the iCloud servers were unresponsive. After trying many (many) times, it's working now. Not sure if it was because I happened to have logged in on my US VPN or not.

Thanks!

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @Ken Ng‌ and @scooter133‌

I'm sorry to hear that iCloud sync took a while to set up for you ... but I'm so glad to hear you were able to get it sorted out!

If you hit any further snags, we're here to help. :)

• scooter133
    scooter133
    Community Member
    Options

It didn't take a while to get the Sync setup, just took a few minutes to actually do the Sync. I have over 254 Items. I also think that the Recent Instal of Yosemite was also causing some congestion on the net, so I'm sure that was part too. Since the initial Sync, its been really fast.

• Mark-Lee
    Mark-Lee
    Community Member
    Options

14 hours later -- 1password is still spinning at "syncing...". Yes, I've let it run for 14 hours. Changing from iCloud back to Dropbox gives the same result now -- spinning at "syncing" for hours.

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@Mark-Lee It might be worth disabling syncing on all your devices and try rebooting them all before attempting to initiate syncing again. You'd be surprised what a simple reboot can sort out sometimes.

• robbertv69
    robbertv69
    Community Member
    Options

Having the same spinning sync/contents.js update messages whole day long, Ill try the rebooting suggestion though, but wondering; what indication of size can agilekeychain (in Dropbox) have? Mine is now 144 MB, and rising...

• robbertv69
    robbertv69
    Community Member
    edited October 2014
    Options

Two IOS devices 8.0.2, two Macs 10.10 (1Password V5), disabled sync, removed backup- and dropbox keychain, restarted all devices, creating a fresh keychain.
    Contents.js messages again, adding, removing, updating version, x files are changed, again... (updating version? but i have already latest versions..).
    Restart systems wasn't the solution, for me.

• @‌robbertv69

It may be worth checking on the Dropbox website to see if dropbox detected a conflict for the contents.js file inside of the agilekeychain directory. If so, delete the conflicted copy, then try again.

If that doesn't work, I recommend sending sending us a Diagnostics Report, and we can try to get this resolved via email.

This discussion has been closed.