Dropbox sync stopped working on iPhone and iPad

Options
DamonC
DamonC
Community Member

I've been successfully syncing 2 Macs, an iPhone and iPad with Dropbox for years. Sometime after upgrading to 1Password 4 for Mac, the iPad and iPhone have stopped syncing with Dropbox. I've tried to configure the sync again and I've had a warning that the two vaults are different and shouldn't be merged.

What should I do to fix this and resume syncing on all devices?

My wife has found the same thing has happened to her 1Password where she has a Mac, iPhone and iPad and her iOS devices have stopped syncing too when she was successfully syncing with no issues in 1Password 3.

Comments

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @DamonC,

I'm sorry to hear that you're having trouble getting things synced up right now. When you see that warning about the vault content being different, please tap on the 'More Info' button. It will tell you the percentage of difference between the two vaults. Often this is minimal, for example, if sync has been disconnected for a few days and you've added several entries on your Mac, the vault in Dropbox might have a few more entries than the database on your iOS device. Once you have confirmed that the difference isn't severe, you can select the option to 'Merge anyway'. If you have made edits to the same entry on multiple devices, you might see some 'conflict' fields if 1Password is unable to determine which edit should have priority, but in general, 1Password does a pretty good job of merging.

Please let me know if this helps get things back on track! :)

• DamonC
    DamonC
    Community Member
    Options

Hi Megan, apologies for taking so long to reply. It took me a while to work through everything after merging. The information was merged and I had a lot of duplicates that I've worked through now and I have everything working again.

Thanks for your help.

• Good afternoon @DamonC. On behalf of Megan, you're welcome! Glad you were able to get things squared away and working properly. Let us know if there's ever anything else we can help you with.

This discussion has been closed.