1Password not filling in data in Safari [X3watch software is interfering with filling]

Options
SamAnderson
SamAnderson
Community Member
edited October 2014 in Mac

I've read several accounts of this. The extension box is enabled in Safari Preferences. I've tried uninstalling, restarting, and re-installing. Has not helped.

Running Safari 7.1, on Mavericks 10.9.5 and 1Password 4.2.4

Help appreciated.

Comments

• Stephen_C
    Stephen_C
    Community Member
    Options

I think as a first step you should update to the latest version of 1P4 which runs on OS X 10.9, which is 1P 4.4.3. If you're really on 1P 4.2.4 you are quite a few versions behind that. If you then still have problems please report back.

Stephen

• SamAnderson
    SamAnderson
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks for the reply Stephen.

I have just updated to OSX10.10 - Yosemite. I have just updated 1Password to 5.0.1. I have installed the 1Password extension 4.2.4 by clicking on the "Install Browser Extensions" in the 1Password 5 menu and clicking on the big green button on the website.

Preferences Menu in Safari says that 1Password extension 4.2.4 is installed and the box to Enable is ticked. However, it says that I need to install the 1Password App and directs me to a download page.

Sam

• sjk
    sjk
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi Sam ( @SamAnderson ),

Sorry you're still having trouble with 1Password filling, before and after upgrading to Yosemite and 1Password 5. Please take a look at the tips in this guide to see if any of them help:

1Password is not filling in my Logins

If not, we'll do more troubleshooting to isolate and resolve your problem. Thanks!

• SamAnderson
    SamAnderson
    Community Member
    edited October 2014
    Options

Hi sjk
    I looked at those tips and couldn't find anything to help. I don't think I have any anti-malware programmes running. I added the number to the proxy settings - I'm not sure if I needed to do that or not but I gave it a try.

I removed all 1Password apps, reinstalled 1Password 5, and then the extension 4.2.4 It still said that I needed to install the app.

Is 4.2.4 the latest extension for 1Password 5?

Thanks
    Sam

• ShellyBruno
    ShellyBruno
    Community Member
    Options

I'm having the same problem as Sam. I updated 1Password last night to 4.4.3 and was unable to log into my bank on Safari this morning. The 1Password extension is also listed as 4.2.4. I uninstalled it expecting to reinstall but can't because I keep getting the error message to install the app (which is installed). 1Password now crashes when I open it on my desktop. The error message is:

1Password failed to connect to 1Password mini

Please restart 1Password. If this does not help, please contact AgileBits support.

So here I am! (I'm running OSX 10.9.3 and Safari 7.0.3.) 1Password worked fine yesterday before the upgrade. worst fear!!! ;) At least my phone app still works...

• ShellyBruno
    ShellyBruno
    Community Member
    Options

Hi @SamAnderson‌, try this fix from JasperP at AgileBits, it worked for me (found it after more forum searching):

Hi everyone,
    Open your Applications folder.
    Locate the 1Password 4.app in the list.
    Drag it to the trash can.
    Please don't use any uninstaller applications, these may remove more than just the application, such as your data. We do not recommend that. We only want to remove the application, none of the extra items.
    After dragging it to the trash, please empty your trash, then restart your Mac.
    After the restart, please download a fresh copy of 1Password 4 from here: https://agilebits.com/downloads
    Once downloaded, unzip if necessary and drag it to the Applications folder. Then double click to run it.
    I hope that helps! :)

• Rad
    Rad
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @SamAnderson‌,

Did @ShellyBruno‌ 's instructions help you solve the problem?

If not, please make sure that you quit 1Password mini before trashing 1Password 4.app.

Also, if you're having trouble downloading the latest version of 1Password that's compatible with OS X Mavericks, please click on this link.

Cheers!

Rad

• SamAnderson
    SamAnderson
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks for the replies.

First, I am running Yosemite now. So I downloaded the 1Password 5 version, not 4.4.3

Second, I tried the above solution but with no improvement: I still get the message "Looking for the 1Password app. The 1Password app must be installed for the extension to work properly."

Is 4.2.4 the latest extension version, or is there a later one for Yosemite?

Sam

• Rad
    Rad
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi Sam,

Thank you for replying so quickly :smiley:

Yes, 4.2.4 is the latest stable version of the Browser Extension. However, we only just released version 4.2.5 Beta 2.

If you wish you can try and download the beta extension from here. Please make sure you enable betas.

Also, make sure that you don't have a firewall or an antivirus app blocking the connection to local host.

I hope that this will help you fix the problem.

Best,

Rad

• SamAnderson
    SamAnderson
    Community Member
    Options

Hi Rad,

I tried the Beta version but no different. I don't have a firewall or antivirus app installed. But I'm not sure what you mean by 'blocking the connection to local host'.

I added safari and 1Password to my Mac firewall in System Preferences/Security/Firewall but that made no difference either.

Sam

• Rad
    Rad
    1Password Alumni
    edited October 2014
    Options

Hi @SamAnderson‌,

Thank you for getting back to us so quickly :smiley:

Please send us a Diagnostics Report from your Mac, along with a link to this topic and your forum username, to support+forum@agilebits.com. A brief comment here mentioning that you've sent the report would also be helpful.

Once we see the report we'll be able to better assist you. Thanks in advance!

Rad

• SamAnderson
    SamAnderson
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks for the quick reply Rad.

I've run a diagnostics report and sent it. The programme automatically generated an email address: support@agilebits.com, which is slightly different to the one you indicated. Hopefully that's not a problem though.

Thanks
    Sam

• sjk
    sjk
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi Sam ( @SamAnderson ),

No problem at all with where you sent the report; we had no trouble locating it. :)

Thanks for sending that in. We'll have a look as soon as we can and let you know what we find.

ref: TKH-66858-629

• SamAnderson
    SamAnderson
    Community Member
    Options

Hi all, for anyone who's reading this far, the problem was identified by agilebits as interference from a programme called X3Watch. Having done a trial uninstall I can confirm that the extension works fine without X3Watch.

Thanks for sorting it out for me team.
    Sam

• Rad
    Rad
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @SamAnderson‌,

On behalf of Scott, Thank you :smiley:

I'm really happy to hear that you've got it all sorted out!

Rad

This discussion has been closed.