I want a 1password icon permanently in the menu bar

Options
Julian89
Julian89
Community Member

Hi everyone,

since updating to OS X Yosemite, unfortunately, there is not ALWAYS a 1password icon in the menu bar anymore.

I want to be able to access 1password mini in the menu bar ALWAYS.

How do i go about this?

Thx.

Comments

• Julian89
    Julian89
    Community Member
    Options

Yeah, it seems when Safari is opened, the 1password icon in the menu bar disappears. This would not be a problem when Safari is visible.
    But if you keep Safari opened in the Background, but are viewing, say, iTunes, then you still cant see the 1password icon in the menu bar.

@agilebits: please fix this bug.

its no good.

• Stephen_C
    Stephen_C
    Community Member
    Options

I assume you refer to the menu bar of your browser: is that correct? You must be using 1P5 since you're on Yosemite but please let us know what browser you're using and the version number of the 1P extension in that browser.

Stephen

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@Julian89‌ Have you observed any pattern with the 1Password mini icon disappearing on you in terms of does it happen with every program you switch to or does it happen with certain programs every time?

I haven't experienced what you have but I'm just wondering if you have a lot of icons in your menu bar and whether or not certain program's menus are causing clipping? Does the problem still exist if you temporarily reduce the number of menu bar icons (so troubleshooting suggestion only). Maybe post screenshot of before and after of just the menu bar to highlight what you're struggling with.

@Stephen_C‌ I think Julian89 is referring to the menu bar where the 1Password Mini icon sits, near the Spotlight icon and time (depending on how you have yours configured of course).

• hawkmoth
    hawkmoth
    Community Member
    Options

If we are discussing the main OS X menu bar, I can report that the mini icon always shows there for me, regardless of what is open.

• Stephen_C
    Stephen_C
    Community Member
    Options

@littlebobbytables‌ ah, thanks for that. I completely overlooked it because I never have 1P showing in my menu bar!

Stephen

• Julian89
    Julian89
    Community Member
    Options

Oh, i got it. It was an issue of space. I removed my user name from the menu bar!!

Thx all.

• @‌Julian89

Great to hear that it ended up being something so simple. I've heard pretty great things about an app called Bartender that helps give you more room for system menu bar apps. I haven't used it personally though.

This discussion has been closed.