Credit card details not copying to iOS devices

Options
seqteq
seqteq
Community Member

I have upgraded from 1password v1 for windows to v4 this summer, and I've never been able to get credit card details to copy to iOS (latest version of 1pass)

The name of the credit card shows up but no details. Please help.

Comments

• Stephen_C
    Stephen_C
    Community Member
    Options

You say "copy to iOS". Can you explain, please, how you are "copying" them? Do you mean synchronising the data with a Mac? If so, please tell us which sync method you use (iCloud, Dropbox or wifi). If not, please explain a little more fully what you mean because others will be better able to help you.

Stephen

• Hi @seqteq‌,

@Stephen_C asked about Mac, but you did say Windows. I do need to know whether you are using Dropbox or Wi-Fi sync, and also need you to make sure sync is set up on 1Password 4 for iOS.

Also, just as a test, if you create a secure note on one device, does it fully show up on the other?

• seqteq
    seqteq
    Community Member
    Options

wifi sync. it was a fresh install of 1pass for iOS though. no 1pass database was on the phone prior to sync.

yes all my secure notes are there.

• Hi @seqteq‌,

Would you mind going to 1Password 4 for iOS and tapping Settings > Advanced > Erase Data. The app will close. Relaunch it and tap I've used 1Password before then Sync using Wi-Fi. Resync your data in. Does that help bring the credit card data over?

If not, could you create a new credit card item in Windows and fill ti out (essentially duplicating one of the non-working entries) and see if that syncs, please.

That will help me narrow down the cause.

• seqteq
    seqteq
    Community Member
    Options

what I mean by "The name of the credit card shows up but no details. " :
    For example say I have a Barclays diners club card pewter card

when I select the Category "Credit Card" I will see my 'Barclays Diners Club Pewter Card'

However, There is no Card holder name, type (e.g. visa) card number, exp date, CCV#, bank phone, pin etc.

All I see is Add to favorites, Move to folder, Share Credit card.

All this information exists for my cards in the database on 1Pass for windows that I synced **FROM ** but it did not get copied to my 1pass database in iOS for ipad.

This happened earlier on iOS for my iphone but a reinstall of the app and a fresh sync fixed it. no such luck on the iPad

• Hi @seqteq‌,

That is why I want you to try the things I asked. I want to see if a freshs ync will help, and if not, if a new item with info filled out works. I have a suspicion the credit card items that are not syncing may have some sort of corruption. Having you run these tests will narrow that down.

• seqteq
    seqteq
    Community Member
    Options

I think we made posts 4 and 5 within seconds of each other.

turns out making all wallet items were effected. IDs, memberships and credit cards. Making a small edit to each (say adding a "*" in the notes, and saving) straightened out any formatting incompatibility.

some background:
    My 1password database was originally created on a mac with version 2, I think, that went through upgrades on version s 3 and 4. I eventually brought it to windows version 1 and now I'm on the latest Windows and iOS versions.

• Hi @seqteq,

So everything is sorted out now? Glad the edit nudged them into sync. :) Definitely sounds like the items needed to migrate to a newer format, which the edit would have done.

• seqteq
    seqteq
    Community Member
    Options

Yes I think its sorted now. Thank you.

• On behalf of Chris, you're welcome. Please let us know if you have any other questions! :)

• bdub
    bdub
    Community Member
    Options

Ditto me - after stumbling through being forced to switch from iCloud syncing to Dropbox, none of my credit cards will sync over to iOS, even though they've all been updated and modified today. Frustrating.

• Good morning @bdub. Sorry for the trouble you're having here. Did you try adding an innocuous character to the notes field in the items that are not syncing properly? What if you make an edit to them on iOS, does that change sync back to your Mac?

This discussion has been closed.