1Password 3.8.22 Upgrade to 1Password 5 suggestions

Options
Tim Vergel de Dios
Tim Vergel de Dios
Community Member
edited October 2014 in Mac

I have 1Password 3.8.22 (Family Edition Web Version) running on 10.9.5 and syncing with iOS 8.x devices and other 1Password 3.8.22 mac OS 10.9.5 installs all via DropBox. I just never got around to upgrading the Mac versions, just the iOS versions.

I would like to move to Yosemite now, and possibly switch to the MacApp Store version of 1Password 5 as well.

1) If I download the MacApp Store version v5, will I be able to sync it to the current 3.8.22 vault. I have heard that there have been some people not able to get 1Password5 to work with Dropbox after upgrade, so I'm a little concerned.

2) Should I update to 1Password 5 first, then upgrade to Yosemite? or Upgrade to Yosemite 1st, then 1Password 5.

3) Lastly, probably should ask, does 1Password 3.8.22 work with Yosemite?

Thanks,

Tim

Comments

• Ben
    Options

Hi Tim,

1) If I download the MacApp Store version v5, will I be able to sync it to the current 3.8.22 vault. I have heard that there have been some people not able to get 1Password5 to work with Dropbox after upgrade, so I'm a little concerned.

Shouldn't be any problem. :)

2) Should I update to 1Password 5 first, then upgrade to Yosemite? or Upgrade to Yosemite 1st, then 1Password 5.

1Password 5 will only run on Yosemite, so you'd need to upgrade to Yosemite first.

3) Lastly, probably should ask, does 1Password 3.8.22 work with Yosemite?

While we have not tested 1Password 3 on OS X 10.10 and do not list it as a compatible OS, I'm not aware of any specific incompatibility.

Thanks!

This discussion has been closed.