Clarification with Yosemite

Options
rappar
rappar
Community Member

I bought my 1Password from the website. Recently, I learned of the problem of syncing with iCloud unless I purchased from the App store. Given my poor success trying to get things to sync with Dropbox, I purchased, again, the 1Password from the app store.
When I get an update, this is for my app store version is it not?
How can I make sure I have no version other than the app store one on my computer? I am sure I must have older versions and maybe even a Web Store 5.0 on my Mac based on some messages sent to me when I start up 1Passwork 5 from my doc.
Lastly, what is THE latest version of the program that I should be using so I can check to make sure that is the case.
Thanks,
Ron

Comments

• Stephen_C
    Stephen_C
    Community Member
    Options

This knowledge base article on migrating to the App Store version will help you. If you have any further problems do please post again.

Stephen

• Hi @rappar,

1Password updates through the Mac App Store can sometimes have issues until the Mac is restarted. That's quite likely the cause of the message you saw on launch. We're looking at ways of making this process smoother for users.

To check for additional copies of 1Password on your Mac, you should be able to simply search in Finder's search field for "1Password" and ensure that it only finds a single copy. Then empty your trash to ensure none happen to be in there.

Version 5.0.0 is the current latest version of 1Password on the Mac App Store, and Version 5.0.1 is the latest version from our website.

I hope this helps.

Rick

This discussion has been closed.