1Password, Two vaults

Options
Flornez
Flornez
Community Member

Hi, I just created a second Vault which I want to keep Very sensitive passwords etc which I rarely use. They are more sensitive than the usual login-passwords I have in my 1Password vault, so I wanted to create a new vault just for these items.

I have created the vault, which is empty at the moment.
I now have 1. Primary Vault and 2. "Name" Vault

Both Vaults have separate passwords.
Both Vaults are synced with Dropbox (Different locations in Dropbox)

My problem is:
When I unlock my 1. Primary Vault with my master password I grant access to my primary vault, of course - but ALSO my 2. "Name" vault.

Why is this happening? They have to hugely different passwords.
I need those two vaults to be completely separated by passwords, but I would love "easy" access to both (meaning: I launch 1Password, and I can chose the desired vault)
Once I have opened 1. Primary Vault with my master password I can which to 2. "Name" vault with just 1 click (And NO new master password)

Comments

• Stephen_C
    Stephen_C
    Community Member
    Options

There is a long thread here about this, which may be interesting to for you to read. In essence, it's working as intended...although others have asked for the ability to unlock secondary vaults independently.

Stephen

• Flornez
    Flornez
    Community Member
    Options

Thank you very much! :)

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@Flornez, the thread that @Stephen_C linked to should answer any questions you have about that, but if you have any additional questions, please let us know. :)

• Flornez
    Flornez
    Community Member
    Options

It was very informative!

• Ben
    Options

Thanks for the update! And thanks @Stephen_C for the assist. :)

This discussion has been closed.