Blank attachment view on the iPad [Fixed in the 1Password 5.1 update]

Options
e1p
e1p
Community Member
edited October 2014 in Mac

Have Password 5 on my iOS8 devices as well as on a Mac with Yosemite. Synced my iPhone using wifi and am able to see attachments. But I did the same with my iPad and I can't see the attachments. Instead, I get what appears to be an option to click on an attachment. When I click on it a popup window appears with what should be an attachment, but it is blank (white). The popup window even gives me the option to export the attachment (for example, via email).

Very strange. Again, I am able to see the attachments with my iPhone.

Comments

• yogibaer
    yogibaer
    Community Member
    Options

I observe the same problem on both my iPhone 6 and my iPad mini 2 with iOS 8.0.2

• yogibaer
    yogibaer
    Community Member
    Options

Solved for me: I deleted the Apps on my iPhone and iPad, reinstalled them from the Appstore and performed an initial sync process with my Yosemity Mac. After that every thing was o.k.

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@e1p‌ Assuming there is nothing unique on your iPad (you don't want to lose any entries currently only on the iPad after all), does yogibaer's suggestion work for you too?

• MikeT
    edited October 2014
    Options

Hi guys,

This was an iOS 8 UI issue in the original 1Password 5.0 release for the iPad, it would just show a blank view. We've fixed the bug in the 5.1 update.

@yogibaer‌, do you recall if you were running 5.0 or 5.1? It sounded like you were using 5.0 but deleting and installing again from the App Store installed 5.1.

@e1p, please open the App Store and go to the Updates section on the iPad. See if there is an available 5.1 update for 1Password because that should definitely fix the problem. If you still see the problem even with 5.1, rebooting the device or reinstalling the app should fix this.

• e1p
    e1p
    Community Member
    Options

Sorry for the delay. Thanks for the replies. I checked and had 5.1 installed on both my iPad and iPhone. I synced again from my iPad and still had just blanks where the attachments should have been. So per yogibaer's suggestion, I uninstalled and reinstalled on my iPad and redid the sync. I can now see all attachments.

One more somewhat related question. I have 2 Macs (a desktop and Mac Air). If I use wifi sync, is there any way via the syncing to get the attachments onto my second Mac? When I wifi sync from my iPhone or iPad to the second Mac, the attachments aren't transferred (only the name of the attachments--for example, "xxx.pdf"). Thanks.

• Rad
    Rad
    1Password Alumni
    edited October 2014
    Options

Hi @e1p,

Thanks for explaining your specific scenario :+1: This will help us give you the appropriate advice :smiley:

Mac to Mac WiFi sync is not supported yet. However, we do have plans to implement it soon.

In the meantime, you need to setup WiFi sync so that one (or more) of your iOS device(s) is the central "hub". Meaning that:

Your desktop Mac will sync to your iOS device which can also sync to your Macbook Air.

To manage this, simply enable WiFi sync on both your Macs and manually disable sync and select which Mac to sync to on your iOS device.

We know that it is a long process, but rest assured that it's in our radar to improve WiFi sync in the near future.

Please let me know if there's anything else I can assist you with.

Cheers!

Rad

ref: OPM-2091, OPM-2488

This discussion has been closed.