Dropbox sync issue

Options
pjdiddy
pjdiddy
Community Member

I've been using 1Password for years so can troubleshoot most problems, but this one has me stumped.

I'm running the latest version of 1Password Pro on iOS (iPhone 5S, latest system software) as well as the latest version of Dropbox, where my sync data is stored. It was all working fine up until about recently but now the 1Password app will not sync at all. The app says 'last synced 11 days ago' and when I tap 'Sync now' nothing happens.

So I disabled sync altogether and went to set it up again and here's what happens:

In 1 Password I tap on 'Sync with Dropbox' and get sent to Dropbox where I sign in. Dropbox immediately crashes. Dropbox works fine otherwise - it just cannot process this request.

Can you help please?

Comments

• Good morning @pjdiddy‌ and sorry for the trouble you're running into here. One of the things you can try is deleting the Dropbox app from your iPhone before trying to sync 1Password via Dropbox. Instead of being sent to the Dropbox app you will be prompted to authorize within 1Password itself. If you still run into trouble try logging into Dropbox.com and making sure that your account isn't over quota or experiencing some other problem.

Let me know how this works out and if there's anything else I can do to help.

• pjdiddy
    pjdiddy
    Community Member
    Options

Actually I managed to fix the issue another way. tl;dr It's Dropbox's fault.

Basically, when I was being sent over to Dropbox for authorisation, I was using Touch ID to sign in - then it crashed every time. So on one occasion I just entered my PIN instead and that time it worked.

• Ben
    Options

Great. Thanks for the update @pjdiddy‌. :)

This discussion has been closed.