Generating new password from within Safari via the extension [Under consideration]

MarcoZ
MarcoZ
Community Member
edited October 2014 in iOS

Hi all!

I know this is a suggestion/probably already often voiced wish, but will we have a password generated from within the Safari extension on iOS any time soon? Especially when used to the convenience of 1Password 5 for Mac, it is rather painful to manually have to create a login item in 1Password for iOS when in the process of signing up to a web site/account. It would be really nice if the 1Password icon would contain not only the login items possibly available for the site, but quick access to the password generator as well!

Marco

Comments

• Hi @MarcoZ,

This is definitely on our wish-list, we do plan to make our extension more powerful over time including the ability to generate your passwords. We barely scratched the surface of what extensions can do on iOS 8 and it's going to take some time to figure this all out.

In case you haven't seen one yet, there are third party apps that includes 1Password integration already where it is possible to create new Logins with 1Password as a way to create a new account for the app. It basically passes the data to the 1Password extension to create a new Login item and as you know, the password field has a generator built in. It could look like this for our Safari extension as well, where it would either be a new Login item for the site or just a Password item just to store the password.

Stay tuned, it's going to be an interesting year for us to play with the new iOS 8 extensions.

• MarcoZ
    MarcoZ
    Community Member

Yes, @miket, I've seen this in action in the wonderful Transmit app from Panic. And it worked gorgeously. :)

I so look forward to what's in store for apps like 1Password with these extensions!

Marco

• Hi @MarcoZ,

I'm glad to hear you got such a great experience, we always want to make sure it works great in other apps.

This discussion has been closed.