Clean up after 1Password, two separate folders

Options
This discussion was created from comments split from: Deleting old 1Password files and folders in App Support.

Comments

• PackDude
    PackDude
    Community Member
    Options

I've seen a few people ask about deleting 1Password folders and I'm here because I have the same situation. In my Library folder, there is a 1Password and a 1Password 4 folder. If the 1Password folder is no longer needed, I would like to get rid of it. I'm also curious as to why it wasn't cleaned up during upgrade? Why two different folders? FYI, I tried downloading the zip file on the page linked above and it said couldn't connect to server.

• PackDude
    PackDude
    Community Member
    Options

I found a more recent post with a link that did work, so I've generated the Diagnostic Report and emailed it in.

• Hi @PackDude,

I've split your posts into its own thread as the other thread was a bit outdated.

If the 1Password folder is no longer needed, I would like to get rid of it.

I’d suggest archiving it instead of deleting it, just in case you need to reference it later.

I'm also curious as to why it wasn't cleaned up during upgrade?

We do not delete your data for any reasons, which is why we leave the data folder behind in case you need to restore or go back to previous version of 1Password.

Why two different folders?

Two different versions of 1Password and two different ways of how 1Password used to work, we didn’t want to complicate it by reusing the previous folder.

FYI, I tried downloading the zip file on the page linked above and it said couldn't connect to server.

Chris’ post was written back in April, we’ve moved to this page: https://guides.agilebits.com/knowledgebase/1password4/en/topic/diagnostics-report

I found a more recent post with a link that did work, so I've generated the Diagnostic Report and emailed it in.

That's great, thank you. Can you tell me if you included the thread link in the email? I can't find your email using your address in your forum account. If you got a ticket ID, please share it here, so I can find it.

Thanks again!

This discussion has been closed.