1Password 5 cannot sync though iCloud

Options
Ruizhi
Ruizhi
Community Member
edited October 2014 in Mac

Hi I’ve upgraded to the latest version of both Yosemite and 1Password. but when i open the 1password app ,it kept on telling me this:http://cl.ly/2J0p1J0p0x0i You can see that i have ticked all the option : http://cl.ly/203s0I1v1023 ,... I cannot sync my password though iCloud .that’s the issue i have . i tried so many times including reinstall but still didn’t work…….

please reply as soon as possible ,thank you

Comments

• Stephen_C
    Stephen_C
    Community Member
    edited October 2014
    Options

Are you using the Mac App Store version of 1P5 or the AgileBits store version? The AgileBits store version no longer supports iCloud sync because of changes made by Apple.

Edit: if you are using the app store version of 1P5 this post from AgileBits (which I've just seen) may help you.

Stephen

• Hi @Ruizhi,

I'm really sorry that you're having this problem... that's really no fun. I see two possibilities for what could be going on here. The simplest possibility is that @Stephen_C guessed it...and that you're running 1Password 5 from our website, which does not support iCloud. In which case you're probably wondering why that option is even there. I've filed a bug to have that fixed up, looks like that reference to iCloud slipped through our radar.

The other possibility is that you're using the Mac App Store version of 1Password, which should support iCloud, and something is going wrong. I've dug into the code to try to see what problem could be causing this (assuming you've got iCloud and iCloud Drive enabled), and I see a few possibilities:

• Parental Controls could be stopping CloudKit from being used on this account. Worth checking to see if that's the case.
    • iCloud could be reporting back to 1Password that it's not sure if you're setup for CloudKit sync.
    • iCloud could have returned a generic error to 1Password.

In the last two cases, it'd be worth trying a reboot.

If you send us a diagnostics report, which you can do by following the instructions on this page, I believe we'll be able to see exactly which error you got and from there we'd be able to look at different courses of action.

Please attach a link to this forum discussion in the diagnostics report email, so that we can link the two.

Again, really sorry that you're hitting this problem.

Rick

• Sebastian Rasch
    Sebastian Rasch
    Community Member
    edited October 2014
    Options

I have the same problem with the Mac App Store version, but I don’t have iCloud Drive activated since I’m still on iOS 7. Do I need iCloud Drive to sync 1Password 5 via iCloud?

• Hi Sebastian,

Yes, iCloud Drive must be enabled to use iCloud syncing in 1Password 5.

This discussion has been closed.