1Password 4 and Yosemite

Options
Torsten Blaus
Torsten Blaus
Community Member

Does anyone know, if 1Password 4 is working on OS Yosemite or do I have to buy an upgrade license?

Comments

• Stephen_C
    Stephen_C
    Community Member
    Options

You need 1P5 to run 1P properly under OS X Yosemite. It's a free upgrade from 1P4 so you don't need to buy a new licence. Just be aware that if you want to use iCloud to sync you must get the Mac App Store version as iCloud sync is no longer supported by the AgileBits store version of 1P5.

Stephen

• Torsten Blaus
    Torsten Blaus
    Community Member
    Options

Hey Stephen,

thx for answering. I'm a little confused about your claim that I'll get a free upgrade from 1P4 to 1P5. I was checking my license key (1P4) on agilebits Website (https://agilebits.com/store/upgrade?product_id=109) and I got the aswer that upgrading is possible but I have to pay USD 24.99! Last year I had to paid same amount for upgrading from 1P3 to 1P4.

• Stephen_C
    Stephen_C
    Community Member
    Options

I'm sorry, I don't know why the website is telling you there is an upgrade price but I can assure you the upgrade from 1P4 to 1P5 is free. See here, for example, for a relevant comment from AgileBits.

Stephen

• Torsten Blaus
    Torsten Blaus
    Community Member
    Options

Great news, thx a lot.

• Jasper
    edited October 2014
    Options

Hi Torsten,

Like Stephen mentioned, 1Password 5 is a free upgrade for existing version 4 customers. :)

Is it possible that you were entering your 1Password 3 for Mac license key, rather than your version 4 license ID on the upgrade page? If you enter a version 4 license, the upgrade page should identify it as a "1Password 5 for Mac" license, and the "select" option for the 1Password 5 upgrade should be disabled:

• Torsten Blaus
    Torsten Blaus
    Community Member
    Options

Hi Jasper,

you are absolutely right. The select button is disabled as you mentioned. So, I'm going to Switch to OS X Yosemite! Thx for your help.

• You're welcome, Torsten. Please let us know if you have any other questions. :)

This discussion has been closed.