1Password 5 MAS Version first wasn't accepting Master Password, stopped working at all now

Options
Strandbummler
Strandbummler
Community Member
edited October 2014 in Mac

Until yesterday afternoon everything was fine. Then for no reason 1Password stopped accepting my Master Password. I thought i was going nuts, then i checked my Vault on my iPhone and everything was just fine, Master Password was working as usual. I deleted 1Password completely and reinstalled, linked my vault again and still, won't accept my Master Password. I then downloaded the "Not Mac App Store Version" which is Version 5.0.1 and voila, it works again.

Now, the 1Password MAS Version won't work at all, I can't set it up anymore, have to use the Download Version until its patched.

I'm on a Macbook Pro Mid 2010, Mac OSX 10.10 Yosemite, Sync is done via Dropbox.

Cheers

Comments

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @Strandbummler‌

That's an odd issue indeed. There should be no difference between the webstore version and the Mac App Store version in terms of accepting passwords.

Is there a chance that you might have multiple .agilekeychain files in Dropbox and the Mac App Store was simply looking at the wrong one?

• Strandbummler
    Strandbummler
    Community Member
    Options

Definitely no, i always had just one. The only difference is that the MAS Version is 5.0 and the download version is 5.0.1. But its indeed strange that it just stopped working. Right now it is impossible to initialize the MAS version at all, it just shows me the welcome screen and thats it. The download version works just fine... i don't know if i can give you any error log or such.

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@Strandbummler, on the Welcome screen you're seeing, there's a button in the lower-right corner that says "Awesome! Let's Get Started". You should be able to click that to move past the Welcome screen and set up 1Password. Does that help?

Also, in case it helps to move back to the MAS version in general, please take a look here: Migrating to the Mac App Store version

• Strandbummler
    Strandbummler
    Community Member
    Options

No, not really, i clicked the button a hundred times, the welcome screen just goes away but nothing happens. When i open the settings manually everything is greyed out and i can't setup anything. I just stick to the Download Version until the next patch on the MAS, for some reason it works with the new version. Thanks anyway.

• Hi @Strandbummler‌,

1Password 5.0.1 at our website is the same version as 5.0 at the Mac App Store and beside iCloud syncing, there is almost no difference between both versions.

Can you email us your diagnostic report, the logs might explain what's going on and we can try to fix it. You can email it to us at support+forum@agilebits.com with a link to this thread.

Thanks!

This discussion has been closed.