Automatically login to desktop app and browser extension?

Options
verdi1987
verdi1987
Community Member

Is there any way to automatically login to 1Password 5 for Mac and the browser extension? It seems like there should be an option to store these credentials in the OS X keychain. Once I have logged in to my user profile, I don't want to have to authenticate into 1Password to autofill a website.

Comments

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @verdi1987,

No, there's no option for that. I can't promise anything, but I can certainly pass your feedback along to our developers. Thanks for letting us know you'd be interested in that!

• danco
    danco
    Volunteer Moderator
    Options

This used to be possible, but for various security reasons it was removed.

You can set 1PW so that you only have to enter the master password once each time you log in to your user account. After that it can remain unlocked.

• Hi guys,

@verdi1987‌, like danco mentioned, this was removed a long time ago for security issues and we will not bring this back unless there is some kind of a security breakthrough that'd improve the security to the point we'd consider bringing it back.

What you can do is, again what danco suggested, reduce the odds of 1Password asking for the master password again. The way to do this is to open the main 1Password app, unlock, go to the 1Password Menu > Preferences > Security and uncheck all of the auto-lock options.

This discussion has been closed.