iCloud sync stopped working

Options
slproxy
slproxy
Community Member

I have 4.4 running on OS X 10.9.2 . Syncing with iCloud was working fine until a few days ago. Now I receive a notification "1Password Sync Problem Detected, Update Preferences" I click on "Fix", and the click on iCloud in the preferences pane. Then click on "Start Syncing" and the same error above comes up. I have not changed any logins or passwords on iCloud and there is nothing else I can do to fix the problem. Please help

Comments

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @slproxy,

I'm so sorry to hear you've been having trouble with iCloud lately. Let's try resetting sync:

• On your iOS devices, open 1Password 4 for iOS, tap Settings > Sync > Sync Service and tap 'Disable Sync’.

• On the Mac, open 1Password 4 for Mac, and click the 1Password menu, then Preferences. Click Sync, and click Change syncing.

• Check the box to remove the data from iCloud and confirm that you want to disable sync.

• Restart the Mac and iOS devices.

• On the Mac, go back to the Sync preferences, and enable iCloud.

• Wait about 20 minutes to give iCloud time to run the initial sync to all devices.

• Go back into the iOS app and re-enable iCloud sync. It should work this time.

• Bob Conlon
    Bob Conlon
    Community Member
    edited May 2014
    Options

I am having the same problem. I tried the above process to fix the problem. The following is not option though- On the Mac, open 1Password 4 for Mac, and click the 1Password menu, then Preferences. Click Sync, and click Change syncing. It does not allow me to turn off the syncing. Every time I select iCloud I get the same error stating a problem is detected.

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi Bob,

I'm sorry to hear that you're running into trouble with sync here. Could you tell me the exact wording of the error message? You can also send me a screenshot if that's easier. There are instructions on how to take a screenshot here: http://take-a-screenshot.org/. You can save the image to a service like Dropbox and include a link in your reply.

• KentGlenn
    KentGlenn
    Community Member
    Options

I'm not getting the same issue, "1Password Sync problem detected Update preferences". My choices are Ignore or Fix. Fix takes me to the Preferences screen in the application. I click on iCloud and it gives me a choice to start syncing. When I click Start Syncing, it gives me the same error again. I also don't see the option "Disable Sync".

I've gone to my iPad and re-synced, but that didn't seem to help. I've attached a screenshot.

• Jasper
    Options

Hi @KentGlenn,

Please try resetting sync:

• On your iOS devices, open 1Password 4 for iOS, tap Settings > Sync > Sync Service, then Disable Sync.

• From your screenshot, it appears that iCloud sync is already disabled on your Mac. If not, open 1Password 4 for Mac, and click 1Password in the menu bar, then Preferences. Go the the Sync tab, and then click Change syncing.

• Check the box to remove the data from iCloud and confirm that you want to disable sync.
    • On your Mac, go to System Preferences > iCloud > Manage... and see if you can find 1Password in the list (it would likely be listed as onepassword). If you see 1Password listed, please click on it, then Delete All.

• Restart all your devices.

• On your Mac, go back to the Sync preferences, and enable iCloud sync.

• Wait a few minutes to give iCloud time to run the initial sync to all devices.
    • Go back to any other Macs and iOS devices app and re-enable iCloud sync.

Please let us know if that helps! :)

• gerardrj
    gerardrj
    Community Member
    Options

I'm also having the same problem. The steps above didn't work. No syncing is occurring.

• Ben
    Options

Hi @gerardrj‌

Could you please let me know which versions of 1Password you have (the specific version number would be very helpful)? Thanks!

• gerardrj
    gerardrj
    Community Member
    Options

I'm all good now. Once Yosemite came out everything started working again. Thanks...

• Glad to hear it's working now, @gerardrj. Please let us know if you have any other questions. :)

This discussion has been closed.