The latest sync with iTunes has just broken 1Password on my iPhone4

Options
Tommay
Tommay
Community Member

This discussion was first started on September 19, but was resolved (and closed) after the user found an older version of 1Password on his 1Phone4.

Exactly the same has now happened to me. My iPhone4 (or agilebits) has allowed 1Password4 to be updated to version 5, which is incompatible with my iPhone4 that still runs iOS 7x and cannot upgrade to run iOS 8. Unlike the previous contributor i cannot find a working version to restore my passwords. There does not appear to be a legacy version to download and restore 1Password on my iPhone4. Short of changing my iPhone, what can i do?

Comments

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@Tommay‌ Given you purchased 1Password 4 you should be able to download the previous version. Try opening up Apple's App Store app on your iPhone and going to the Updates tab. In there you should have Purchased > at the top. Click that (it's a button) and you should be able to search your previous purchases. When you find 1Password and attempt to download it it ought to recognise that 1Password 5 is incompatible with your iOS version and offer to download the last compatible one 4.5.3. If it doesn't post back here.

What I'm not very sure about is how easy it will be to recover your passwords on the assumption that you haven't been backing it up elsewhere or using a sync service such as Dropbox or iCloud. It may be downloading the older version is all you will need to do but as I've never been in your position I'm unsure what awaits you. Fingers crossed!

• Hi @Tommay,

In addition to what littlebobbytables said, make sure you're signed into your original AppleID that you used to purchase 1Password 4 with. That's how Apple loads the purchases, it is based on AppleID you used to buy the apps with. Once you do that, going to Updates > Purchased in the App Store app will show you all of the previous purchases you made.

This discussion has been closed.