Help, upgraded to Yosemite, installed new 1password version 5 but can't see any vaults?

Options
johnagon
johnagon
Community Member
edited October 2014 in Mac

I've been a user for a long time but can't find a file for the new version. This should be easy? I don't want to start all over again...

Comments

• Stephen_C
    Stephen_C
    Community Member
    Options

It's probably helpful to describe exactly what happens when you run 1P5 and where things get stuck.

Please also let us know whether you have sync'd in the past and, if so, what sync method you used.

Stephen

• Hi @johnagon‌,

That doesn't sound like much fun. I'm sorry. I'm confident that we can get you back up and running though.

Is 1Password the only app you've had issues like this with since upgrading to Yosemite? If not, it would indicate that the Yosemite upgrade may have affected some of your user files.

How did you update to 1Password 5? Did you use the built-in updater in the app, or did you download from our website or from the Mac App Store? Is it at all possible that you used to be running the version from the Mac App Store, but then downloaded v5 from our website? (while switching is technically supported, there are gotchas to be aware of)

What happens when you run 1Password? Did it treat you as a new user? Did it show an unlock screen? Did any vaults you recognized show up?

This type of issue may best be solved via email. I recommend that you email us at support+forum@agilebits.com, and that you send us a diagnostics report which will give us an idea of how things are setup on your Mac. It's quite easy, all you have to do is follow the instructions on this page.

Rick

This discussion has been closed.