No place to set a PIN in version 5.1?

Options
kagy
kagy
Community Member

I just transferred all my data to a new iPhone (the 6), and 1PW no longer likes my old PIN. It makes me use my master password every time, or my finger print. That's ok, but I find it curious that I can't fine a place to change my PIN. I have to be missing something!

Comments

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@kagy‌ All you have to do is turn the PIN Code option in Settings : Security off and back on. Then you'll be asked to set the PIN :smile:

• kagy
    kagy
    Community Member
    Options

Perhaps this was changed under iOS8 and 1PW v.5, because I see no option for PIN code setting under the security tab. Only option is for Touch ID.

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@kagy Sorry I missed that you mentioned what phone this was on. I believe that if you have TouchID set up on your phone then yes, it won't offer the option of a PIN, instead favouring TouchID. I believe that if you have TouchID disabled then it offers you the option of a PIN. Possibly not the answer you were looking for - sorry. The general consensus is TouchID is more secure than a PIN hence using it if it has been set up.

• Ben
    Options

PIN is not an option if Touch ID is enabled. Thanks

• kagy
    kagy
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks gents. Yes, it looks like touch ID takes precedent over a PIN. What confused me was that when I first enabled my new iPhone 6, the PIN was definitely there, but 1PW wouldn't take my PIN number, instead making me input full password. Once I enabled the PIN, the option to input or change PIN was removed, for good, apparently. No big deal, as I too believe that Touch ID is more secure.

• Good morning @kagy. It sounds like there might have been a little bit of wire crossing when 1Password was first getting set up on your new iPhone. If you have a Touch ID-enabled device but no fingerprints set up then 1Password will fall back to using the PIN code. Regardless, it sounds like you're all set. Let us know if there's anything else we can do for you!

This discussion has been closed.