1P5 on iPhone & iPad: Safari extension not present (non urgent)

Options
Stephen_C
Stephen_C
Community Member

This is not urgent: don't worry about it until the more important hue and cry dies down a little!

I have today installed 1P5.1 for iOS on a new iPad running iOS 8.1. After a little excitement when the Pro features were lost (solved by deleting the app, re-downloading and re-syncing with the Mac) I discover there is no 1P Safari extension visible (in spite of following very carefully the instructions in the knowledge base). To be quite clear, it's simply not on the list shown in point 5 in that linked article.

On checking the phone (also running 1P5.1 under iOS 8.1) I have exactly the same problem. My preferred browser on both (iCab Mobile) does integrate with 1P, which is why this post is not urgent. However, it would be good to sort out Safari some time.

Stephen

Comments

• Hi @Stephen_C,

Can you do the following:

1. Kill Safari in the background, restart it, and see if 1Password shows up now
    2. If not, reboot your iOS device, open 1Password first, unlock, and make sure it is showing data before trying again in Safari.
  • Stephen_C
    Stephen_C
    Community Member
    edited October 2014
    Options

Thanks for the response. This gets more and more odd and is something to do with a Safari shortcut I have on my devices which gets Safari to open with a blank page. When I opened the main Safari app just now (first time today) 1P was there and enabled. As soon as I tried the shortcut not only was it not present in the version of Safari that then opened but it also disappeared from the "main" version of Safari (i.e., that opened by clicking on the actual Safari icon). I tried your second suggestion, which hasn't worked since then.

Leave it with me. I'm deleting the shortcut that opens Safari with a blank page and hoping 1P will eventually reappear when clicking on the original Safari icon!

Edit: oh, embarrassment! I've found that 1P appears in Safari share only when I load a web page. I'm so sorry for the false alarm.

Stephen

• Ben
    Options

I've found that 1P appears in Safari share only when I load a web page. I'm so sorry for the false alarm.

Ah-ha! That would do it. Thanks for the update. :)

This discussion has been closed.