Can't DropSync with Iphone 6 on IOS8

Options
pats300zx
pats300zx
Community Member

I am having a problem syncing my IOS devices with Dropbox after a recent upgrade to IOS8. When I click DropSync the sync never completes and the Last Sync counter goes up to 39 seconds and back to "In Progress". The iOS app seems to be continually "syncing" (but never finishes) and the "Items" field continually bounces. I have let the sync go for over and hour but never completes.

I have also tried this with an Ipad with IOS7 via DropSync and get the same error.

I have tried shutting down the devices and doing a hard reset. As soon as I go back into 1Password the Dropbox sync starts all over again and never finishes.

Comments

• pats300zx
    pats300zx
    Community Member
    Options

I forgot to mention that I am using Version 5.1 on the Iphone 6 with IOS 8.1 and Version 4.5 on the Ipad with IOS 7.

• Good afternoon @pats300zx‌ and thanks for taking the time to write in. When the Last Sync counter starts counting up that means that a sync has indeed completed. 1Password will also sync periodically on its own which is why you're seeing it go back into "syncing" periodically.

Are you seeing discrepancies between your iPhone and iPad?

• pats300zx
    pats300zx
    Community Member
    Options

I'm not sure that's correct. It's almost like the Sync never completes and is in and endless loop. The counter will go up to 39 seconds and start all over again. The same thing happens when I try nd sync to the ICloud. I let it continue for over an hour and it just constantly kept counting up and restarting. It never stops either for Dropbox or ICloud. I have synced to Dropbox in the past and never had it last this long and never complete.

• My apologies @pats300zx‌, it sounds like this might be a bug in 1Password. Out of curiosity, even though the sync seems to be in perpetual motion, are your devices out of sync? If you make a change on one does it show up on the other?

• pats300zx
    pats300zx
    Community Member
    edited October 2014
    Options

Hey MrRonni...I put a test entry in my vault and it did seem to sync to Dropbox and then over to my Ipad. It seems the sync may be working but it never shuts down and appears to keep going.

• I'll be sure that we have this problem entered into our bug database and we will investigate it. As long as your devices continue to sync and you don't notice any adverse effects from it I would say to let it be for now.

Please let us know if there's anything else we can do to help out.

This discussion has been closed.