Position of floating window for 1Password Mini

Options
Kvisten
Kvisten
Community Member

Would it be possible to add an option so i can configure where the floating mini-window should appear? When i press the keyboard shortcut in Firefox, the window use to appear upper right hand of the screen, below the extention button. But now it appears in the middle of the screen.

The problem is, the mouse cursor is often placed somewhere in the middle of the screen. When the floating window pops up beneath it, the cursor moves focus from the top item (actually, first option below Search).
To select the correct option i then either have to move my hand over to the mouse, or use keypads left (to close a submenu), up, up, up and finally press enter.

Comments

• Stephen_C
    Stephen_C
    Community Member
    edited October 2014
    Options

In 1P5 you can drag the 1P mini window to where you want it and that setting should stick next time you open 1P mini.

Edit: I'm not sure if that works with the browser extension window because I never use that. I always open 1P mini with ⌥⌘\.

Stephen

• hawkmoth
    hawkmoth
    Community Member
    Options

You can now drag the mini window to any position you like. 1Password will remember where you put it and open it there from then on, at least until you move it again. I had the same problem you describe, and tried dragging out of frustration. It worked! That wasn't possible in earlier versions.

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @Kvisten‌

I hope that @Stephen_C and @hawkmoth's suggestions have helped! If you have any further questions - we're here for you. :)

• Kvisten
    Kvisten
    Community Member
    Options

OK, thank you all :) The behaviour was a bit strange though. I tried dragging the unlocked window, which didn't work. Then i tried dragging the locked window (showing only the "valut logo" and the password input), and that works. But when unlocked, the window repositioned to the middle of the screen. But the next time i hit the keybard shortcut to open it, it positioned itself where i had dragged it :) So my problems are solved, although I was a bit of a hidden feature.

• The fact that the pointer takes precedence over the keyboard is still a usability bug, imho. Would be nice to have it fixed no matter what. thanks :)

• @dmorel‌ : Agreed. There is a bug filed about this. :smile:

This discussion has been closed.