Installing 4.2.3 as upgrade to 3.8.21

Options
jamescpa
jamescpa
Community Member

I have been working at this for a while. My OS X is 10.9.3. The version 3 vault will not open in version 4. I installed and uninstalled several times but nothing is working??? The vault preferences are all inactive. I downloaded version 4.2.3 from Agile , not he app store, as I was upgrading and that option was not available on the app store.

FYI the auto updates DO NOT work. The extraction failed on several tries. I had to download the update from the www site.

Comments

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @jamescpa,

I'm sorry you've been having trouble migrating from 1Password 3 to 1Password 4. The first thing I wanted to mention is that we had a small problem with the auto update in a recent version that affected some users. The latest update that will work on Mac OS 10.9 (Mavericks) is 4.4.3, which you can get from our download site (scroll to the bottom to find the "Legacy" section with a link for version 4.4.3).

Once you have 4.4.3 installed, if you need help to migrate your data from 1Password 3, please take a look at the information here: Migrating from 1Password 3

If you run into problems with that, please let us know exactly what you try and what happens instead. Thanks! :)

This discussion has been closed.