How to transfer 1Password from old Mac to new without cloud services

Options
JohnnyBlix
JohnnyBlix
Community Member

How do I transfer all data in 1Password 5.0 from my current Mac to a new Mac without uploading the data to the cloud? What files should be copied are where are these files located in the harddisk?

Comments

• danco
    danco
    Volunteer Moderator
    Options

Have you started using the new Mac already, or is this a query in advance of getting the new machine?

If the latter, you would probably want to use Migration Assistant to move data from the old to the new machine. I think this should move the 1PW data.

Alternatively, 1PW Folder Sync should probably work.

Someone else will be along with better info than I have.

• JohnnyBlix
    JohnnyBlix
    Community Member
    Options

I haven´t started yet. Migration assistant move all the data from the old Mac and I don´t want to do that. I just want to move some documents, some music files and the all the data stored in 1password. Is it possible to copy a folder which contains all data in 1Password? If yes, where is this folder stored in the Mac Appstore version?

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @JohnnyBlix‌

We can help you get sorted out here. Are you getting rid of this old Mac or keeping it around?

Essentially, if you just want to do a one-time transfer of your data to the new Mac (and will still keep the old Mac around) we can simply use Folder Sync (as @danco suggests) to save your data to a specific folder on the old Mac, then simply copy this file onto the new Mac and point 1Password at it.

However, if you are getting rid of the old Mac, we might want to save a few of your backup files as well, just in case you need them. Your backups are stored in a different location, depending on where you purchased 1Password:

Mac App Store version: ~/Library/Containers/2BUA8C4S2C.com.agilebits.onepassword-osx-helper/Data/Library/Backups

Webstore version: ~/Library/Application Support/1Password 4/Backups

I hope this helps, but we're here if you have any further questions or concerns! :)

This discussion has been closed.