Should 'attachments' saved in Software items sync across devices & platforms?

Options
sdes
sdes
Community Member

I have two Bootcamped Macs running 1Password 5 on OS X, 1Password 4 for Windows on the Bootcamp side of both, and also on iPhone and iPad on iOS8. When I drag a .txt license file onto the attachments section of a software item, I was hoping it would appear on the other devices / platforms.
It doesn't seem to.

I searched in the help for "attachments" - zero results, so could anyone tell me, is that just saved for the machine you initially save it on?

Tried first adding the attachment to a new software item on my MacBook's 1Password and then seeing the result on a Mac Pro, it has the new entry, but no attachment. So it doesn't seem to work OS X to OS X.

Thanks

Stephen

Comments

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @sdes,

Yes, attachments should be syncing - I'm sorry to hear they're not!

Just to make sure I understand, you can add new items to 1Password on one computer/device, and that item will sync to all the other computers/devices, but attachments to those items don't sync at all?

Can you let us know what sync method you're using, and what version of 1Password is on your iOS devices?

Also, as a test, try adding a new Login or Secure Note, and add an attachment to it. Does that sync to the other computers/devices? What if you try a different type of attachment, like a .jpg?

This discussion has been closed.