iCloud Drive sync available in b25? [Not possible in public betas but may be in future TestFlight]

Options
pfflynn
pfflynn
Community Member
edited September 2014 in iOS

Release notes lead me to believe it (iCloud sync) works now when I try to set sync to iCloud it never seems to complete "Looking up iCloud information..." and spinning wheel.

Dropbox sync still works.

Thanks.
Patrick

Comments

• Hi @pfflynn,

Unfortunately, starting with iOS 8 and iCloud Drive, we cannot offer iCloud sync anymore in the public betas. It has to be done through TestFlight to support iCloud and in-app purchase testing.

We're still waiting to hear from Apple about external testers, it is not yet available. Once it is available, we'd start using TestFlight instead for public betas.

• pfflynn
    pfflynn
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks @MikeT‌

• iWilliamsJ
    iWilliamsJ
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks @MikeT‌ for the heads up! Will we the users already on HockeyApp beta test program be migrated over to TestFlight or we have to request to be invited to beta test again?

Thanks in advance! George

• Hi guys,

You're welcome.

@iWilliamsJ‌:

Will we the users already on HockeyApp beta test program be migrated over to TestFlight or we have to request to be invited to beta test again?

Unfortunately, we don't know yet. TestFlight by Apple is new to everybody (in fact, it only opened up to us a few days ago) and we don't know all the limitations and rules yet. We really want to invite everybody over automatically but it just depends on what is needed for the migration.

Once we have the information we need, we'd let you guys know how it is going to work.

• iWilliamsJ
    iWilliamsJ
    Community Member
    edited October 2014
    Options

Hello @MikeT with the recent news of TestFlight being open for public beta testers now I was wondering if you have any news on this regarding current beta testers? Thanks in advance!

• MikeT
    edited October 2014
    Options

Hi @iWilliamsJ‌,

Too soon to say anything as it only just opened up today and we don't have this as a priority right now. Right now, our only priority is on helping the customers with the recent 1Password 5 releases and once that's all good, we'll go back to work on the next major releases and as the result, figure out how to move on with TestFlight.

We'll be doing an announcement on this as soon as we're ready.

• iWilliamsJ
    iWilliamsJ
    Community Member
    edited October 2014
    Options

@‌MikeT

I'm a paying customer too proud owner of 1P for iOS and 1P for Mac too, the reason I was asking is so I can help with testing that's all. I know there are some issues that still need to be worked out.

• MikeT
    edited October 2014
    Options

Hi @iWilliamJ,

I understand and we really appreciate everybody's help with the testing, we love you guys.

I apologize for any misunderstanding, what I meant to explain is why we're going to be slower than usual with the beta testing, we're putting it aside in order to spend all of our resources on helping our customers with the new public releases. Once we're caught up, we'll resume normal operations with the testing and that's when we're going to start looking into the TestFlight's external testing, which works slightly different compared to the internal testing.

This discussion has been closed.